P1000 Another wiring question

O

oldskoolbuckets

Aug 8, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I understand tapping sources for key on power, lights on power, and reverse power. My question is using multiple switches/triggers for a single accessory.

Put more simply, do I wire each accessory then add as many triggers to corresponding input to the Bussman PDM as I want with all of the triggers tied together?

The reverse lights are the most complicated scenario. Most of the time I want all accessories to have key on power but I also want a bypass switch to power on all accessories with key off if desired. Do I just combine the output of a switch wired directly to the aux battery and the Key on power before the PDM so both activate it? I want reverse lights to come on automatically in reverse so I would combine the reverse trigger wire with the output wire from the switch panel back to the PDM so power is supplied if either event occurs?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok. What you want to do to hook up key or separate switch is to use two relays for your trigger wires. One for key one for ignition. That will keep it from back feeding. Even if switch is on and key no big deal.
I have separate isolator that give power to the pdm then run trigger to that for power.
IMG 6600

if you want reverse lights wired to a switch as well as reverse that's not bad at all.