zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 1898
IMG 1894
IMG 1892
Here's mine. Center mounts,'included, bolts directly to the roof mount, which is bolted to the ROPS. It was quite solid just with the two insulated clamps on both sides. I went ahead and added two more clamps aft, just to the roof, and will add some up front if needed. Nice for hauling light/bulky stuff.
Chuck

zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 1893
I assumed he built it.. but I bet you're right.
no, didn't make it. I'm handy with lots of things, but metal fabrication isn't on the list.
It's a Curt. Got it on Amazon. It's made for cars, obviously, and has an additional expansion piece that makes it 18" or so longer. If I recall correctly, shipping weight was about 25 pounds. Around $120.

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 29268 View attachment 29267 View attachment 29266 Here's mine. Center mounts,'included, bolts directly to the roof mount, which is bolted to the ROPS. It was quite solid just with the two insulated clamps on both sides. I went ahead and added two more clamps aft, just to the roof, and will add some up front if needed. Nice for hauling light/bulky stuff.
Chuck
Hey Zumper... can you show your tire carrier detail with pics and the tire removed? I like this idea.

Reactions: Lady01
UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol really? Part of my quest is to learn from the experience of others, so can you elaborate a bit? Was it the design of the wheel carrier that you aren't happy with or the attachment of the rack to the ROPS? If I have a rack, I may just lay the tire down flat in the rack and secure it with some kind of hard point where I can bolt it into position.. basically it becomes one with the rack. Only other thing I may fix to it is a jack all jack, winch buddy attached to hard points on the sides and soft cargo netted down.

advertisement
J

JTW

Lol really? Part of my quest is to learn from the experience of others, so can you elaborate a bit? Was it the design of the wheel carrier that you aren't happy with or the attachment of the rack to the ROPS? If I have a rack, I may just lay the tire down flat in the rack and secure it with some kind of hard point where I can bolt it into position.. basically it becomes one with the rack. Only other thing I may fix to it is a jack all jack, winch buddy attached to hard points on the sides and soft cargo netted down.
Weight up top makes it more likely to lay over... but it just demoed a
On where you're riding and what you're going to be doing with it. I like a roof rack but you won't ride with some of these guys with a loaded roof rack!

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see what you mean! I'm not a rock climber or mud wallower or feel the need to ford a river up to my neck, I enjoy leisurely runs with my wife and pups. I must be aware of the higher CofG for sure.
On where you're riding and what you're going to be doing with it. I like a roof rack but you won't ride with some of these guys with a loaded roof rack!

J

JTW

I see what you mean! I'm not a rock climber or mud wallower or feel the need to ford a river up to my neck, I enjoy leisurely runs with my wife and pups. I must be aware of the higher CofG for sure.
As long as you're aware... but you'll be surprised how little it actually takes. Not too big a deal with several buddies... could be an issue if you're in the back country by yourself. I had a lot of weight in the bed that I'm sure helped contribute to my tip overs. Largely it was me... but twice in 100 feet! Lol..

Reactions: Lady01 and UKNB
Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As long as you're aware... but you'll be surprised how little it actually takes. Not too big a deal with several buddies... could be an issue if you're in the back country by yourself. I had a lot of weight in the bed that I'm sure helped contribute to my tip overs. Largely it was me... but twice in 100 feet! Lol..
You and I better leave the roof racks for somebody else..

zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 2036
IMG 2037
IMG 2038
IMG 2039
IMG 2040
IMG 2042
IMG 2043
Hey Zumper... can you show your tire carrier detail with pics and the tire removed? I like this idea.
Not much to it. Sorry, but I can't find the ticket where I bought it. It's for a Razr which had a different lug pattern . Cut the old lug welds off. Drilled tight holes to take the new ones. I put in four because the Honda wheel came with four lug nuts. Notched the plastic top and cranked the pinch bolts pretty tight. It stays in place just fine. The best part is that it is completely out of the way. Glad you like it.

zumper

zumper

Apr 4, 2016
Minden NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With that in mind, I purchased a Lev-O-Guage to tell me my angles. Does anyone's know what the stock roll angle is, roughly? I know there are a lot of variables, so an approximation is fine; wild guesses are not helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Chuck

J

JTW

With that in mind, I purchased a Lev-O-Guage to tell me my angles. Does anyone's know what the stock roll angle is, roughly? I know there are a lot of variables, so an approximation is fine; wild guesses are not helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Chuck
Not that I'm aware

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 42522 View attachment 42523 View attachment 42524 View attachment 42525 View attachment 42526 View attachment 42527 View attachment 42528
Not much to it. Sorry, but I can't find the ticket where I bought it. It's for a Razr which had a different lug pattern . Cut the old lug welds off. Drilled tight holes to take the new ones. I put in four because the Honda wheel came with four lug nuts. Notched the plastic top and cranked the pinch bolts pretty tight. It stays in place just fine. The best part is that it is completely out of the way. Glad you like it.

I found it on an online RZR accessory website for $200 US.... gives me something to think about for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I like the idea of a roof rack and I was going to just mount my spare on my roof, however where we ride height can become an issue. Going under limbs and trees, the rood can hang.

advertisement