P1000 Another Lift

D

DDDonkey

I have a question for all of the experts here. I am looking to lift my 1000-5, I am looking more to stiffen up the front suspension as it is a little too soft in the front. I have narrowed it down to the HL or Super ATV as the seem the best for the price. I know that new shocks would do this but are not in the budget yet, I need to get a skid plate first. So my question is for those who have done it, what one is better? I am leaning towards the HL as I don't want to make the suspension over stiff for my wife. I am only going to run a 28" tall tires need for a-arms at this point.

SO the real question is does the Super ATV lift make the ride to stiff? Thanks!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a question for all of the experts here. I am looking to lift my 1000-5, I am looking more to stiffen up the front suspension as it is a little too soft in the front. I have narrowed it down to the HL or Super ATV as the seem the best for the price. I know that new shocks would do this but are not in the budget yet, I need to get a skid plate first. So my question is for those who have done it, what one is better? I am leaning towards the HL as I don't want to make the suspension over stiff for my wife. I am only going to run a 28" tall tires need for a-arms at this point.

SO the real question is does the Super ATV lift make the ride to stiff? Thanks!
I would do the shocks first or you could make springs spacers for the front shocks to stiffen it up a little, you bottoming out the fronts?

Reactions: pct
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lift arms will not stiffen up the suspension. Some guys have added coil spacers to the front shocks but most of have switched to an adjustable aftermarket shock

Reactions: pct
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lifts actually will because they can change the geometry but not as much as coil spacers. Moving the shock mounting point inboard softens it outboard stiffens it.

I’d add a 1” spacer it’ll stiffen it up but not too much. You’ll end up with about 1.75 lift.

Shocks are the real solution the spacer is a budget stop gap till you can get them.

J

JTW

HL between the two lifts.. it will work with Fox shocks down the road. I actually prefer the stiffer feel of the machine with the HL. The HL will help but not alleviate the soft front suspension..

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
HL between the two lifts.. it will work with Fox shocks down the road. I actually prefer the stiffer feel of the machine with the HL. The HL will help but not alleviate the soft front suspension..
I just don't feel comfortable changing the angle of the dangle on the shocks, be sure to tell the shock mgf. you are running a lift, if they are building shocks for you.