Multi Another injury, arm outside roll bar.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t wish anyone harm, but that boy got lucky!

Reactions: Mudwing
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One reason I leave my nets on... my daughter was trying to touch trees and limbs when we drove by them this weekend... when I noticed her doing it I immediately got on to her! The nets were bungied back that day as they were riding in the back most of the day... will have the nets up from now on when the kids are in front with us... I know he flipped, but kinda the same...

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seatbelts
Helmets
Nets
And Sunscreen

By the time you realize you needed them it is too late so just use them all the time.

Sure you can trip on the sidewalk and die or seriously injure yourself too. It isn’t about eliminating risk from your life. It is about managing risk.

I’m queasy and generally quick to pass out but I’ve taken rider first aid/triage courses and carry a kit on my street bike and off road adventures and even in my cars/trucks/van. Most of the time I use them for band aids for silly scrapes but I’ve been first on the scene to a few accidents and been able to help while calling 911 for help. When the police/fire/ems aka real help show up I’ve handed over the scene and tell them not to worry when I walk over out of the way and lay down for my “nap” (not proud just what happens lol). It is amazing what you can do when “someone” has to. Also amazes me how many people stand around and watch and do nothing almost frozen until you give them specific instructions and then they immediately act on those instructions.

I’m glad the Mom had the mindset to tourniquet the arm. Likely saved the boys life and in this case the boy might gain full use of his arm because of it.

Things happen and when they do they happen blazingly fast. The best racers in the world still crash. I’m not as good as they are so I use my safety gear. It has saved me from my mistakes and it has saved me from others mistakes too.