P1000 Ammo can radios

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is there anyone out there that is using a 50 cal steel ammo can to mount radios? I 'm looking to provide a secure way of mounting them when unattended and also protect them from dust, dirt and other stuff. I want to mount an 8600, a AM/FM radio and an XM receiver, all of which will fit nicely into 50 caliber ammo can and can be mounted on the floor between seats and make it lockable.

Any thoughts??

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is there anyone out there that is using a 50 cal steel ammo can to mount radios? I 'm looking to provide a secure way of mounting them when unattended and also protect them from dust, dirt and other stuff. I want to mount an 8600, a AM/FM radio and an XM receiver, all of which will fit nicely into 50 caliber ammo can and can be mounted on the floor between seats and make it lockable.

Any thoughts??
Good idea! @100Acre had a link for one that someone makes that has the radio in it. It was some time ago tho.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
It was some time ago so i knew it was a long shot lol. I just remember the ammo can.
Thanks folks. I think this is an easy project as long as there is adequate vents to disapate heat while being use. I thought it is probably all 3 will not be used at the same time and that should help heat issue. I'll try it and see how it goes.