russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Where is everyone buying replacement filters? Partzilla is out of them. I have a 2016 1000-3.

Reactions: ChadD
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DONT BUY AFTER MARKET FILTERS, ONLY USE OEM !
Don't ask how I know 🥺
Um, never being one to ignore a challenge . . . how do you know? 😇 Hope you weren't caught up in that "better atermarket filter" debacle from last year, where the supposedly better filter (can't remember name) failed and trashed a few engines. Then filter company waffled on making things right.

To cut down on dirt to the main filter, I added an oiled foam pre-filter (shown before oiling the foam):

20211009 212022

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Um, never being one to ignore a challenge . . . how do you know? 😇 Hope you weren't caught up in that "better atermarket filter" debacle from last year, where the supposedly better filter (can't remember name) failed and trashed a few engines. Then filter company waffled on making things right.

To cut down on dirt to the main filter, I added an oiled foam pre-filter (shown before oiling the foam):

View attachment 353984
Yep, indeed he was - a failed R2C trashed his Talon engine and they continue to turn their back on him and Sheetmetalfab right here. :mad:

Reactions: russknight
advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, indeed he was - a failed R2C trashed his Talon engine and they continue to turn their back on him and Sheetmetalfab right here. :mad:
Yeah, I almost got "sucked in" (excuse the pun) on that R2C deal as well. Watched the video, read the hype, thought about buying, then decided to wait (fortunately). For sure I thought the company would step forward and do the right thing (I know the company I own would do what's right), but that level of honesty was clearly lacking, I see. Bummer, and a heads-up warning when using aftermarket stuff that, if failed, would cause catastrophic damage.

Reactions: CID and russknight
M

Muley

May 16, 2022
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 353984
Hey! That’s just what I’ve been looking for. K&N has nothing that will fit under the hood, where did you get that filter?

Reactions: Smitty335