P1000 Air Filter Maintenance Video Guide!

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
right when I thought servicing the 700's air filter was a PIA, looks like the p1k's are even worse. Good job on the video @Tabascojunkie

Reactions: Tabascojunkie
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Thanks for the video Tabascojunkie !

When you have to remove the gas cap to install a winch, I guess I should have known that regular maintenance would be a breeze. Thanks Honda :rolleyes:

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I dropped a battery terminal bolt down the air intake today. :eek:
I tried a magnet but turns out the bolt is non-magnetic.
Tied the shop vac but could get it.
Started to disassemble things then i remembered this video and got the bolt by shop vac from the main filter.

I'm not a fan of those new push-in clips - but this is coming from a guy that drops parts down the air intake.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I dropped a battery terminal bolt down the air intake today. :eek:
I tried a magnet but turns out the bolt is non-magnetic.
Tied the shop vac but could get it.
Started to disassemble things then i remembered this video and got the bolt by shop vac from the main filter.

I'm not a fan of those new push-in clips - but this is coming from a guy that drops parts down the air intake.

When I was working under the hood of the P1000, I took the pre filter and stuffed it in the intake tube to be safe. Because like you, I'm prone to dropping stuff too.

Reactions: ghost
Weezil

Weezil

Mar 8, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2019 1000-5 which has pretty much the same setup. I was at Durhamtown this weekend and she started bogging down when I got on the throttle. My first thought was bad fuel since I had filled up that morning at their fuel depot but I checked the filter and it was fairly dirty. Printed on the plastic filter housing 3x was "do not use compressed air to clean". Using my hands and a paper towel I cleaned it fairly well and put it back in. Took her around the track a few times and problem was solved until 4th lap. It was REALLY dusty this weekend but I have fewer than 400 miles on this filter. Do I need a new one or is there a way to clean this one?