P1000 Adjust rear door on 1000-5

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One rear door is sagging a little and won’t latch when you close easy. You have to pick it up slightly. Now I have tried to lower the striker in the jamb, and it was as low as I could get it. I also tried to adjust the latch on the door and didn’t seem to help. The hinges on a normal door is where I could make this up but I don’t see any way to adjust the hinges. Anyone had any luck adjusting so the rear doors latch properly?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
One rear door is sagging a little and won’t latch when you close easy. You have to pick it up slightly. Now I have tried to lower the striker in the jamb, and it was as low as I could get it. I also tried to adjust the latch on the door and didn’t seem to help. The hinges on a normal door is where I could make this up but I don’t see any way to adjust the hinges. Anyone had any luck adjusting so the rear doors latch properly?
Door bushings. There is a DIY thread on here somewhere. Thats what I did.
Or this
Or this

Reactions: Isaiah and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The bushings are the way to go!!......but the DIY fix is good also. I haven't needed to do either yet bit when the time comes, I'll try the foam DIY fix first.