P1000 Added wheel spacers now drives like crap.

Tldrigg

Tldrigg

Aug 4, 2017
Reno
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just added the the RB3 wide track spacer bundle, 1" front 1.5" back. Before I took it out I noticed the tow was out in the front after the install. I did some minor adjustments and took it out. I was all over the trails and felt like I had no control to the point it felt dangerous.

I guess my question is, has anybody experienced this after adding spacers and what remedy did you do to correct it?
My wheel setup is 14x7 4.0 + 3.0 offset.

Major props to RB3 Their spacers are amazing quality and light. If you are thinking of getting spacers get the RB3.

Thanks

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just added the the RB3 wide track spacer bundle, 1" front 1.5" back. Before I took it out I noticed the tow was out in the front after the install. I did some minor adjustments and took it out. I was all over the trails and felt like I had no control to the point it felt dangerous.

I guess my question is, has anybody experienced this after adding spacers and what remedy did you do to correct it?
My wheel setup is 14x7 4.0 + 3.0 offset.

Major props to RB3 Their spacers are amazing quality and light. If you are thinking of getting spacers get the RB3.

Thanks
You have your wheels too far out and it has messed up the front end geometry causing a lot of feedback. I did 5+2 wheels all around and only 1in spacer on rear. That gives you a straight wheel track front to rear and no impact on steering feedback.

By going to 3in offset your wheel is an inch further out plus the 1in spacer = 2in further out. Thats a big difference in geometry.

Here's a good video. Start about 5 min in.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Like @Cuoutdoors said, a 4+3 offset plus wheel spacers on the front is a lot of offset. I remember seeing that Honda toed the front end out specifically for stability. I have 5+2 wheels and an @RB3offroad 1 inch spacer on the rear to even up the track width.

Tldrigg

Tldrigg

Aug 4, 2017
Reno
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks Everyone. I will remove the front and let you know this weekend how it went.

Tldrigg

Tldrigg

Aug 4, 2017
Reno
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Update:
I pulled the front 1" spacers off and decided to keep the 1.5" spacers in back. I am really happy with the handling of this setup.
14x7 4.0 + 3.0 offset with 1.5" spacers in rear. Great handling!
Thanks for all the help with this guys.