drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Worked most of the day yesterday putting the skid plate on. Looks good and I'm not so worried about punching a hole in something vital. I did have to trim the front of the plate so my front tires didn't rub when I turned the wheel but that's done too...
20160815 094759

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Worked most of the day yesterday putting the skid plate on. Looks good and I'm not so worried about punching a hole in something vital. I did have to trim the front of the plate so my front tires didn't rub when I turned the wheel but that's done too...
View attachment 20291
What's the jack for? I figured you'd just hold it up with one hand and put the skids on with the other.;)

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
What's the jack for? I figured you'd just hold it up with one hand and put the skids on with the other.;)
If it had a winch you should have winced it up and put the skid on

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If it had a winch you should have winced it up and put the skid on
I like the jackstands and then the jack as a little added security while it's in the air. Using the winch would have been ok but I wouldn't have anything to back it up if it should fail. That much weight, I got to believe would knock the wind out of ya....lol

Reactions: joeymt33
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
View attachment 20291
Wheels up..

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's awesome I was thinking it too! Dr. F is a white version of the hulk. Nice job on your protection @drfubar!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I liked installing my skid on my back. My overextended gut worked as extra pair of hands to hold it in place lol. Glad you got yours installed. Extra peace of mind.

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I liked installing my skid on my back. My overextended gut worked as extra pair of hands to hold it in place lol. Glad you got yours installed. Extra peace of mind.
Yea, the belly worked well and my floor jack was invaluable when it came to holding it tight to the frame and then bending the front so I could get the last two screws into the plate.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you're worried about your winch holding, just tie an extra rope to your rig. It's way easier putting your skid plates on while you can stand up.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you're worried about your winch holding, just tie an extra rope to your rig. It's way easier putting your skid plates on while you can stand up.
I actually had the use of a friends ATV repair service garage that has several lifts available but I chose to use my garage instead. I couldn't see holding the plate up above our heads and trying to drill and then put self tapping screws in... It worked well the way I did it. If I had several people helping the lift would have been better but doing it alone floor stands and my floor jack worked very well.

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I actually had the use of a friends ATV repair service garage that has several lifts available but I chose to use my garage instead. I couldn't see holding the plate up above our heads and trying to drill and then put self tapping screws in... It worked well the way I did it. If I had several people helping the lift would have been better but doing it alone floor stands and my floor jack worked very well.

That's very true drfubar, I had my vehicle high off the ground and I had someone help me. It would have been much more difficult to do alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk