P1000 Accessory wire size

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size wire is everyone using? Not sure what all I will add, probably a radio, some led lights, maybe light bar & amp. My initial thought was to use 14 ga throughout. Any suggestions?

I would like to standardize on the wire size and connectors if possible.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
It's going to be hard to standardize due to different accessories having different power requirements. You will have to adjust the wire size and Fuse requirements depending on what power each accessory draws. Some Lights, and the Amp you mention will take a heavier wire gauge. Most accessories will tell you what their requirements for are for that accessory...

Reactions: joeymt33
Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's going to be hard to standardize due to different accessories having different power requirements. You will have to adjust the wire size and Fuse requirements depending on what power each accessory draws. Some Lights, and the Amp you mention will take a heavier wire gauge. Most accessories will tell you what their requirements for are for that accessory...
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I was thinking I could buy 100 foot rolls of #14 that would work for most things, then purchase larger wire for things that have a higher current draw.

Will #14 work for small lights, 12v ports, etc. ?

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
It should those type things...just check the accessory requirements for the accessory....if you go too small, you will REALLY regret it...
and don't forget the fuse..

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It should those type things...just check the accessory requirements for the accessory....if you go too small, you will REALLY regret it...
and don't forget the fuse..
Thanks, will do. For now, I just want to add a usb and 12v port. I want to buy the wire and connectors now for future additions which will have to come in January after hunting season.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I bought 100' of 12ga black lamp cord for all my accessories. The rubber is very thick and has ben super durable. The copper is stranded and is very easy to work with. The cord is also flimsy enough so you can work with it and get it in some tight spaces.