P500 Accessory subharness confusion

O

OutdoorEd

Apr 25, 2015
Ive been scouring the forum for an answer for three days and can't find a direct answer. I have the Amazon (Honda) accessory subharness with the 4 colored connections. Two of them only have one wire lead, two have two wires. I am installing a viper max 3500 winch and have run most all wiring. I connected the winch toggle switch to the red color wire from the subharness. I have not connected wires to the battery yet. Waiting to finalize install but want to be certain that the red wire from the sub harness is acceptable for keyed-on power. Another final question; if I install led cubes that draw 36 watts (2x18watts), can I wire these directly to the subharness or should I run wiring all the way to the battery. I really don't see a need for a huge light bar, at least not yet.

Thanks for any assistance; This is my first rodeo with winch and led wiring on a UTV.

C

Chooglin

Screenshot 2016 03 17 07 14 31
I used the green taped wire from the sub harness per Honda instructions

Reactions: OutdoorEd
O

OutdoorEd

Apr 25, 2015
I am wondering if the green and the red wire are the same (keyed hot only) and if they are interchangeable. Instructions state to plug the winch accessory harness into the green; however, I don't have that harness...just the winch and wires that came with it.

O

OutdoorEd

Apr 25, 2015
Ok....I wired it all up with the winch switch attached to the red subharness wire. It must be interchangeable because it works as it should. If anyone knows if I could safely use the other subharness wires with the 2 leads for a light cube or small (75 watt) light bar, please advise. I am assuming that the wires with 2 leads are one positive, one negative. I'm just concerned with safe/adequate amperage draw from the accessory harness.

Normanator22

Normanator22

Lifetime Member
Dec 30, 2018
GA
Ownership

1. 500
Ok....I wired it all up with the winch switch attached to the red subharness wire. It must be interchangeable because it works as it should. If anyone knows if I could safely use the other subharness wires with the 2 leads for a light cube or small (75 watt) light bar, please advise. I am assuming that the wires with 2 leads are one positive, one negative. I'm just concerned with safe/adequate amperage draw from the accessory harness.

Did you ever end up connecting accessories to the other wires on the sub harness? I too am about to wire up some led lights and was hoping to use the sub harness. If you did, how did you connect/ground?
Thanks,

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
All 4 are interchangeable. A couple have a + and - wires, the others only have a + wire. All are fed from the same 15 amp fuse, good for a total of 180 watts. Keep your total wattage on these to less than that and you can use it for lights. I'd stay well below 180 watts, a good number for me is 150 watts.

Reactions: CaboJim