Accessories

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
I had the full glass windshield and full hardtop installed by the dealer. These have proven to be the right stuff for me as I am constantly in brush and I dont want a scratched windshield. Also will be adding a wiper (?). I can't say enough about the full hardtop. Been raining for days.....and this keeps my stuff reasonably dry and ready for use.

Today I installed the fabric rear curtain....and that fit nicely and was easy to install in 10 minutes or so. I also use it with my gun case which I bought online. The case works out pretty well with the curtain....but I did not connect two center straps as I may need to alter the curtain to do so. It really doesnt seem neccessary in my limited use today. I am going to scotch coat the gun case as the ends can get wet / damp with continual rain. I wish it was more "water-proof".....but it seems serviceable and I am aware of it's limitations.

The fabric rear curtain seems to be a good choice for my needs. Keep dust out and heat in. I am going to add the Honda fabric doors pretty soon and this will give me a full cab enclosure. I am considering a heater for ice riding. Not sure about doing the install myself (?) Are these difficult to install??

Seems like if I add the WW and the heater....then I"m gonna need the electrical switch option too. (never ends)

I also found a rear view mirror online....I think I paid about $35. I center mounted it on the roll bar....and it seems very clear and the vibes dont seem to affect it. With the gun case and rear curtain.....I really need to watch backing up in the woods....as it is more difficult to see. I may add a side mirror(s) too (?). (Gonna look like a semi truck pretty soon ;) )

After being stuck.....I assembled my winch kit. I have a 2 ton HD "Power Puller" portable cable winch with 50' of 3/8" cable - just like the jeep boys use. :shock: ....and got a couple of chains and tow strap all in a canvas tool bag. Next time I will be prepared. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• photo-20.JPG
    photo-20.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,819
S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Lookin' good foggy!

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Hondasxs said:
Yes, I really like the rifle bag!

Yep, its pretty good. In the pic I have a Marlin 94 in 357 Remmy in the left and a Remmy 870 12 gauge in the right side. Got some ammo and gear in the pockets (they are huge) and I'm equipped for everything.....from grouse to crows or coyotes.

Two things tho. (1) It does limit your vision for backing up. Mirrors help. (2) Even with the roof the ends will get wet in an all-day rain. The fabric is not water-proof and will get soaked over time. The model I have has fair water repelling characteristics....but its not water-proof. It's hard to dry the case out.....as it does not fully un-zip to open up so that it can dry again. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR GUNS IN A WET CASE.

I am going to add a drivers side mirror for better rear vision. I'm also going to put some 3M scotch guard on the case to help with any moisture issues.

M

mybrownhorse

Oct 12, 2013
Hi my husband and I are awaiting our Pioneer 4 in Camo! My husband had to alter our garage door to make it high enough for it to fit! Problem is we have very little clearance, does anyone know the exact height at the highest point with a hard top roof?

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just went out and measured my P4 and the highest point is the back corner with the full roof and it's 81 1/4 inches.

M

mybrownhorse

Oct 12, 2013
Thanks, think we may have to get another shed!!!

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
We hang our gun case in the rear, not in the center of the p4. A mirror is next on the list. If you are not as flexible as you once were and want to turn left off a county road a mirror would be nice.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
b4hntn said:
We hang our gun case in the rear, not in the center of the p4. A mirror is next on the list. If you are not as flexible as you once were and want to turn left off a county road a mirror would be nice.

A mirror seems essential to me. I currently have one mounted on the roll bar center. Think I'll be adding one on either side. I like knowing what is behind me. Gotta wait to get my canvas doors first tho…..just not sure how the side-view mirrors and doors will work together???

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
mybrownhorse said:
Hi my husband and I are awaiting our Pioneer 4 in Camo! My husband had to alter our garage door to make it high enough for it to fit! Problem is we have very little clearance, does anyone know the exact height at the highest point with a hard top roof?

I had the exact same concern! Adjusted the garage door to retract as far as possible, but the wrap (casework) was an inch lower. Please send height of your wrap and I can tell you if it will fit.

Thx

advertisement
duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Foggy, if you find side mirrors let us know I am hunting for side mirrors. I've seen some on amazon but not sure which way to go. Definitely need side mirrors.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
Utilizing the p4 for East Texas narrow woods trails deer hunting then West Texas Plains quail hunting we have the following from Harbor Freight.

A hitch extension. Bought one with two 2" receivers at the rear and returned it because nothing would go in the 2" holes without hours of filing. The 2'" above the ball mount version is great.

The plan...ATV carrier for quail dogs or recovering deer.
1. Tailgate feeder for corn on a deer lease area where there is no feeder. I also plan to use it for lime and fertilizer. The electric connection in the dash has a 10 amp small spade fuse so keep plenty available. I have learned to start the spreader spinning then open the adjustment gate.
2. Game hoist if you want to carry deer in dump bed rather than ATV carrier and hunt alone. Prevent geezer issues when loading.
3. Swisher Trailcutter on the ball mount. Can't wait for the ease of driving slow with the p4.

I finally found the "Upload attachment"

Picture two dogs in boxes on the carrier. We are concerned about CO even though the exhaust blows to the ground. First thought is two straps from the carrier to the roll frame under the tailgate and plywood on top. Your thoughts?

Attachments

• SAM_0585.JPG
    SAM_0585.JPG
    398.2 KB · Views: 531
  • SAM_0586.JPG
    SAM_0586.JPG
    398.7 KB · Views: 528
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sounds like you got lots of plans for your Pioneer. Ya, we would love to see some pictures.
I love HF. You cant beat there prices. I buy disposable tools from there all the time. lol.

b4hntn said:
I have pictures but cannot figure out how to attach them. Con someone walk me through this?

I started this post on uploading pictures. --> intro-and-help/how-upload-picture-ways-t662.html#p3618

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
duwops70014 said:
Foggy, if you find side mirrors let us know I am hunting for side mirrors. I've seen some on amazon but not sure which way to go. Definitely need side mirrors.

Yes, mirrors are my next project also.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
Gun Rack

Has anyone see a gun rack for the front where a windshield would go?

It would be nice for quail hunting with up to four people. We hang the gun case bag thing on the very back of the p4. It works fine but remove it for towing. I am the shorty at 6' 0" and feel I would be bumping my head with the overhead rack.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
The dealer called me yesterday. My canvas front doors came in. I'm going to get them today and will post a pic after I get them installed.

The dealer parts man told me that Honda knows they have some folks waiting on heaters and other accessories….and they are scrambling to get those heaters shipped. Maybe by year-end. (but that sounded a bit optimistic). Doors are helpful.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
TandT said:
I just went out and measured my P4 and the highest point is the back corner with the full roof and it's 81 1/4 inches.

Mine is not that tall. Maybe it's because I only have 7 psi in my tires but mine is only 79 1/2 inches at the tallest. Which is good cause my toy hauler has 80 1/2 inches for clearance. It's gonna be a tight one