P1000 a trailer wheel that will bolt to the pioneer to act as a spare?

P

panaman

Dec 21, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
has anyone found a small thin trailer wheel that will bolt up to a pioneer to act as a spare to limp out of the woods? my idea is to find something thin enough that will fit between the rear seats and the tailgate on a 1000-5

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I don't know that I'd trust a tire/wheel combo that thin.

A bed extender gives you more room behind the rear seats for stuff. You can also install a spare tire carrier, either by itself (e.g., a trailer hitch model) or one that mounts to a bed extender or rack on the rear. You can also put a short roof rack on the roof and toss it up there.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
has anyone found a small thin trailer wheel that will bolt up to a pioneer to act as a spare to limp out of the woods? my idea is to find something thin enough that will fit between the rear seats and the tailgate on a 1000-5
4x136 is the correct bolt pattern. 4x137 will work and is more common. Most use a factory front 12" wheel for a lightweight spare. My advice is get a sidewall slug from the forum store and a decent plug kit. Those two thing can fix most flats you'll encounter short of a broken wheel. As an added benefit the plug kit and side wall slug are much lighter and more compact that a spare. I have a full size spare and stopped carrying it. If running beadlock wheels an inner tube is a reasonable trail repair also

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
4x136 is the correct bolt pattern. 4x137 will work and is more common. Most use a factory front 12" wheel for a lightweight spare. My advice is get a sidewall slug from the forum store and a decent plug kit. Those two thing can fix most flats you'll encounter short of a broken wheel. As an added benefit the plug kit and side wall slug are much lighter and more compact that a spare. I have a full size spare and stopped carrying it. If running beadlock wheels an inner tube is a reasonable trail repair also
👆👆👆👆👆This👆👆👆👆👆👆
Not to mention the space you will save as well.

Reactions: Lady01 and Ohio4x4