P500 A THREE WAY (windshield)

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Added in a windshield above the wind deflector,I can use both or just the bottom or the top without the bottom.I used 1/4" lexan ,4 Honda quick clamps and 1/4" aluminum U channel on top and bottom for strength, when I made the roof I had this in the back of my mind, it worked out as planned ,the windshield butts up to the roof,I have 1/8 gap between the two so I don't get any vibration and the bottom slides down behind the wind deflector,I had to add 1/4" spacers to the deflector to move it out so the windshield would slide down behind it.
WIN 20161126 151349

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
That's awesome man. Kudos to you and your fab skills!! I'm super jealous.

Reactions: iowaguy
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Added in a windshield above the wind deflector,I can use both or just the bottom or the top without the bottom.I used 1/4" lexan ,4 Honda quick clamps and 1/4" aluminum U channel on top and bottom for strength, when I made the roof I had this in the back of my mind, it worked out as planned ,the windshield butts up to the roof,I have 1/8 gap between the two so I don't get any vibration and the bottom slides down behind the wind deflector,I had to add 1/4" spacers to the deflector to move it out so the windshield would slide down behind it.View attachment 27315

Very cool. The Honda quick clamps are what makes that so awesome.
It doesn't hold water at the bottom does it, is there a gap at the half shield?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Added in a windshield above the wind deflector,I can use both or just the bottom or the top without the bottom.I used 1/4" lexan ,4 Honda quick clamps and 1/4" aluminum U channel on top and bottom for strength, when I made the roof I had this in the back of my mind, it worked out as planned ,the windshield butts up to the roof,I have 1/8 gap between the two so I don't get any vibration and the bottom slides down behind the wind deflector,I had to add 1/4" spacers to the deflector to move it out so the windshield would slide down behind it.View attachment 27315
Very nice idea. With the upper part going under the lower deflector, will rain run in on the dash, or did you install a rubber seal at that point. Sorry, I can't tell in the pic.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If it is sealed and holds water, then freezes...not good.
Not sure how it would do that unless blocked at the ends, but indeed you couldn't trap water, especially where you live, lol.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Btw, where'd you find the 1/4" aluminum U-channel, I've been looking for that myself?

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If it is sealed and holds water, then freezes...not good.
I have a gap at the bottom between the two just enough that they don't touch,I hate rattles and vibrations, put it to the test today, did fine towing at 70 mph on the highway, it started to rain on us while we were riding , we stayed dry but the dash got wet, better there than our faces.

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Btw, where'd you find the 1/4" aluminum U-channel, I've been looking for that myself?
I got it in the welding department at Menards, (they call it 1/4 plywood edge) put rubber electrical tap on one side of the lexan and then tapped the channel on with a rubber hammer, made a tight fit, on rattles or vibrations

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Very cool. The Honda quick clamps are what makes that so awesome.
It doesn't hold water at the bottom does it, is there a gap at the half shield?
The claps work good ,but if you look at the top passenger side clamp I had to reverse it because it wouldn't work otherwise because of the grab bar

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I got it in the welding department at Menards, (they call it 1/4 plywood edge) put rubber electrical tap on one side of the lexan and then tapped the channel on with a rubber hammer, made a tight fit, on rattles or vibrations
Cool, perfect for what I want on the top edge of my solid windshield, thanks. I'll see if I can find it by that definition.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada

Try putting the HOnda wind deflector inside the A pillars like it was designed for, and you can open your hood also!

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Very nice...