HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
How do I remove the steering wheel center cap on my Pioneer 1000?

I know it's simple. Can I insert the end of a medium-sized flat blade screwdriver under the edge of the center cap and flip it up?

When I bought it the steering wheel was at 1 o'clock when driving straight ahead. When I took it in for service a couple months ago I carefully explained the problem and asked the cute little female service writer with nice purple hair to have the tech remove the wheel, rotate it counter-clockwise to center, and reinstall. When I got the buggy back the steering wheel is at 10 o'clock when driving straight ahead.

I guess 1 o'clock and 10 o'clock on a round clock face are the same to a millennial?

I'd like to realign it myself.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm pleased to report my steering wheel is now correctly aligned when the buggy is moving forward. An impact wrench was required to loosen the 19mm nut. I don't work on anything any longer but fortunately I still have an air compressor in my garage and an old pneumatic impact wrench so I was able to do the job.

The video was perfect for my task.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check your alignment before removing your steering wheel to re-center. You may be dog-walking down the trail...

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
advertisement