P1000 A-Arm guards

J

JAM

Mar 26, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Big Red
Which A-Arm guards should I get? Just found grease on the outside of one my boots. Should have asked this question earlier. Should I get the Honda guards or get some after market ones?

Jerry

Reactions: Jshell3 and sharp
J

JAM

Mar 26, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Big Red
Not sure what is the takeover??? I am not going to go to any planned events. Thank you for the reply.

Jerry.

Reactions: sharp
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Which A-Arm guards should I get? Just found grease on the outside of one my boots. Should have asked this question earlier. Should I get the Honda guards or get some after market ones?

Jerry
I Have the Honda a-arm guards they're good no damage yet on the CV boots over 1800 miles and a lot of woods riding but you do have to keep them cleaned out.

Reactions: Jshell3 and sharp
J

JAM

Mar 26, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Big Red
I'm leaning toward the Trail Armor guards. Worked with high density plastic pipe, it's some pretty tough stuff. Fused a slip line for a sewer and pulled it in with a 3/8 cable and a dozer cable broke and not the pipe. Anyone using their products? Thank you for your replies.

Jerry.

Reactions: sharp
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the UHMW Factory UTV A-arm guards. I think they provide more protection for the lower CV boot than the trailarmor guards

Reactions: SIHunter and sharp
J

JAM

Mar 26, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Big Red
I have the UHMW Factory UTV A-arm guards. I think they provide more protection for the lower CV boot than the trailarmor guards

I ended up ordering the Factory UTV guards. Most of my riding is around the farm and our timber and I'm guessing the timber is were I damaged the boot. Thank you to you and all who replied. This site has some very friendly and helpful members.

Jerry