A Arm Guards

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Needed....no. but it does protect them from rock hits. I did not put any on mine but I plan on going to Arched a-arms after I tear these up. So they would just be a waste for me, if that's your plan. I think the trailing arm guards are more important. I don't have them on yet either!)

B

Bob62864

Mar 10, 2020
Rushville Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Needed....no. but it does protect them from rock hits. I did not put any on mine but I plan on going to Arched a-arms after I tear these up. So they would just be a waste for me, if that's your plan. I think the trailing arm guards are more important. I don't have them on yet either!)
What brand are you looking at for the trailing arm?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have been looking through the major brands that are available. Even though they're more money I do like the OEM Honda ones for the trailing arms, I do not like Honda's front a arm guards they look huge.... My cousin has the trail armor brand on his X and I don't like those because you actually drill the trailing arm. The factory UTV and ricochet look nice too. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them but I don't want any holes in my parts if I don't have to. I had the full set of trail armor on my pioneer 1000 and it was very quality stuff...

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
The trailing arms are probably the beefiest piece of metal in the machine. I wouldn't waste money just to save them from getting scratched. I have Trail Armor gaurds on the front. They seem good. I'm not usually tagging bottom till the middle of the machine. The Trail Armor skid ate in 1/2 inch is great for that. Their lower door inserts....I'd get another brand.