P700 700-4 Fender Flares

L

Lassie_21

Oct 16, 2020
minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm looking to purchase some fender flares for my 700-4. I have seen a lot of posts about the mud buster flares, OEM front flares and also custom made flares. I'm curious if anyone has purchased or knows anything about the UTVDirect flares. I don't know the actual manufacturer but they don't have a picture of them installed on the machine. I contacted UTVdirect and they said the manufacturer did not provide installed photos but he said they have sold several hundred pairs. From what i have read here it seems most who have bought the mud busters say they work great.

Honda Pioneer 700-4 Fender Flares (SET 4)

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Reactions: Backwoods
Booey424

Booey424

Apr 17, 2020
New Haven, WV
Ownership

1. 700-4
mudbusters use self tapping screws
Those would probably be better then drilling holes and getting the push pins to go through the flare and fender
I had a little trouble on the front of the passenger side flare getting the last push pin to line up.

Visual

Visual

Nov 16, 2020
Great Lake State
Ownership

1. 700-4
New 2021 P700-4 owner here. I went with the OEM Honda flares as well, couldn't be happier. They use the factory style/automotive pushpins as others mentioned. I think took me a full 10 minutes total for both sides. Very easy straight forward install.

Lined up the flares so they fit flush against inside molded plastic, marked the holes with a sharpie, drilled 1 hole and mounted up the flare and verified all holes were aligned properly before continuing to drill. Removed the flare and drilled out remaining holes. Once all holes were drilled I then mounted the front of the flare first as the pin must pass through the flare and existing plastic components. I then installed the remaining pushpins without issue.

Not sure what cost difference between the two products you're considering, but I was pleased with build quality, as well as fit and finish of the Honda $99 flares.

Reactions: Mudwing
L

Lassie_21

Oct 16, 2020
minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
I do like the factory look of the OEM flares. i think thats the route i am going to go in the front and for the rear either get the mudbusters or try to make my own with some 1/8" HDPE sheeting. Thanks everyone for responses and opinions!

Reactions: Mudwing