700-2 Air Filter Replacement Question

N

NCHunter

Sep 14, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and appreciate any feedback or advice you guys can offer. I have a 2016 Pioneer 700-2 named Bertha. I'm just starting to do the maintenance as I have not owned it since it was new. I'm replacing the air filter (OEM Honda filter) and I removed the old one no problem but when installing the new one I've got it slid on but the end where there's a small hole and protruding tip on the housing I can't seem to get it to go over the tip and stay on. Is that an issue? Or am I supposed to be able to get it on snug over that tip? Does my question make sense?

Thanks for any insight!!!

Reactions: Mudwing and TxDoc
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and appreciate any feedback or advice you guys can offer. I have a 2016 Pioneer 700-2 named Bertha. I'm just starting to do the maintenance as I have not owned it since it was new. I'm replacing the air filter (OEM Honda filter) and I removed the old one no problem but when installing the new one I've got it slid on but the end where there's a small hole and protruding tip on the housing I can't seem to get it to go over the tip and stay on. Is that an issue? Or am I supposed to be able to get it on snug over that tip? Does my question make sense?

Thanks for any insight!!!
It’s takes a bit of finagling to get it on but it will go. It important to make sure it’s in the correct position or it may let dust past. 😉
Sidebar: Get a spare filter, cleaner and filter oil so when you need a clean filter it’s ready for you. It takes a day or two to dry out the filter after you wash it. 😎

Reactions: NCHunter
N

NCHunter

Sep 14, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the advice. I got it on and will hold on to the old one. What do you clean and oil the old filter with?

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the advice. I got it on and will hold on to the old one. What do you clean and oil the old filter with?
I use PJ1 it’s a cleaner and oil system. I buy it from my local Honda dealer. 😉