520 Initial Test Drive - Check engine light ON

O

ohcountryboy

Jan 19, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Got delivery today of the 520; purty machine. Took it for a short test drive. My first experience driving a side x side. Seemed like when in automatic shifting mode it shifts hard from low up to the next gear. Then the MIL (malfunction indicator light) came on after a short drive which didn't seem too cool. Parked it and called the dealer; awaiting a call back. Told dealer it seems to shift hard in automatic mode, and was told that is typical in the 500 series. Dealer gonna give me a call back on the MIL light displaying. Feel like I'm getting off to a rough start :) .

520 3
520 4

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got delivery today of the 520; purty machine. Took it for a short test drive. My first experience driving a side x side. Seemed like when in automatic shifting mode it shifts hard from low up to the next gear. Then the MIL (malfunction indicator light) came on after a short drive which didn't seem too cool. Parked it and called the dealer; awaiting a call back. Told dealer it seems to shift hard in automatic mode, and was told that is typical in the 500 series. Dealer gonna give me a call back on the MIL light displaying. Feel like I'm getting off to a rough start :) .

View attachment 251630View attachment 251631
Rough shift is pretty normal especially at first. As for your light...is there a flashing sequence on your display?

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
O

ohcountryboy

Jan 19, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
No flashing, just on steady. I pulled into the garage, turned off, started again after a few minutes and the light was off.

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those things shift pretty hard it does get a little better. Everyone was hoping for a dct trans in those for that reason.

Reactions: TripleB