P1000 50" Light Bar Install Questions

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
I just purchased a 50" curved CREE light bar for up front and am not really sure where I want to mount it and more importantly how to mount it.

I have the split plastic windshield and the honda plastic roof...My options are:

1.) Mount it on the roof near where the roof has bolts to attach to the ROPS
2.) Mount at the bottom of the windshield on the "hood" near the ROPS cage

Are there other places to mount this, and for those that have done it can you share your lessons learned on where to install them and how?

I also got two cube CREE lights to help with backing up and plan to bolt those where the rear nets where installed. I find it impossible to back up at night due to poor visability. I hope these cube lights help with that.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just purchased a 50" curved CREE light bar for up front and am not really sure where I want to mount it and more importantly how to mount it.

I have the split plastic windshield and the honda plastic roof...My options are:

Are there other places to mount this, and for those that have done it can you share your lessons learned on where to install them and how?

I also got two cube CREE lights to help with backing up and plan to bolt those where the rear nets where installed. I find it impossible to back up at night due to poor visability. I hope these cube lights help with that.

I like how people have made some brackets that come off the factory area where the ROPS bolts together at the front where the light bar would go across the hood. Looks simple.

Mtncur28

Mtncur28

May 30, 2016
Hugley, Al
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i think you can see better if it is mounted as high up as possible, no glare

M

Mountie

Lifetime Member
Jan 29, 2016
West By God....
Can't help with 50" light bar, but rear cubes help a ton. Well worth it.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can't help with 50" light bar, but rear cubes help a ton. Well worth it.
View attachment 16293

View attachment 16292
Those look really good. Mine suck. For backup lights they are fine, but those 36 watts could have been put to good use on a real light bar. 3 100w bars don't touch one 300 watt bar. I'm not sure why, but there it is.

50-52 inch bar is the only way to go.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Image This is where we mounted it right off the ROPS mounts with brackets. There is no glare in the cabin the center lights on most are maximum 30 degrees on most works very well we can use or remove any window very solid and no weight up top or breakage.

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
View attachment 16457 This is where we mounted it right off the ROPS mounts with brackets. There is no glare in the cabin the center lights on most are maximum 30 degrees on most works very well we can use or remove any window very solid and no weight up top or breakage.

That is where i think i am narrowed down to install mine as well...

Can you provide some part listings and/or install details?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That is where i think i am narrowed down to install mine as well...

Can you provide some part listings and/or install details?
Absolutely marine. Did a post just a little bit ago this is the post I can provide more pics if necessary. Any questions just get back to me

Last edited: