P1000 4-5 month old 2018 P1K over heating

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok, I was riding with people at night and most of the riding was slow to no movement for hours, left it on in neutral or park, the only reason I left it on was: it was 58 degrees and we kind of used the engine for heat. I made sure we moved every now and again and the fan ran, it was as warm as toast.

Next day I washed it and ran it down the road for about a 10 minute ride and there was antifreeze pouring out on the drivers side as someone noted next to me. I ran home and checked the overflow tank, it was empty and the machine never showed overheating or, the dash showing overheating. The so called temp gauge showed 2 bars. I filled it again and saw water running down the side of the radiator, then, the thing started "steaming" like crazy! I shut it off and the radiator was low, I filled the overflow tank and it was empty and kind of burped when opening the radiator cap. Then I filled the radiator with distilled water and it was lowering to the upper elbow on the drivers side after a few minutes. The fan worked one time and then it heated up with steam, the fan didn't go on? Bad radiator or do I need to do the burp procedure (need to be educated about burping) to stop this? I bought this machine in August new and did run a long time parked at idle and sporadic raising the RPM's to not idle so long. Total idle time might have been over a half hour.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: sharp
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
If the overflow box was low from the dealership and using it during the summer (Aug temps) you may have cycled it a few times and pulled in some air. Here is a car burp video and is a pretty easy procedure,

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If the overflow box was low from the dealership and using it during the summer (Aug temps) you may have cycled it a few times and pulled in some air. Here is a car burp video and is a pretty easy procedure,
It worked! Thanks, I had a feeling it was the burp!

Reactions: alloutdoors
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I'll have a beer on job well done for both of us :)

Reactions: SuperDutyJohn