3D printing door bushings

M

Minner

Oct 21, 2017
North Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone have an .stl file they would share for 1000-5 door bushings? I'm not looking to step on any toes, compete, or sell. This is for my personal use, my son got a 3D printer for Christmas and looking for cool projects for the Pioneer and Talon.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang...three posts in 3 1/2 years.

There was definitely some posts about door bushings. I think they were cutting stock and drilling them out though. It's possible someone has 3D printed some too though.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang...three posts in 3 1/2 years.

There was definitely some posts about door bushings. I think they were cutting stock and drilling them out though. It's possible someone has 3D printed some too though.
Spot on JB.

M

Minner

Oct 21, 2017
North Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I apologize I didn’t know there was a minimum yearly post quota. I’m much more active on the FB groups. I have been around a while though, just didn’t have much to contribute.
If no one has a file, in the next few weeks I will find time to draw it up and I will share back with the group, but until then I’d appreciate it if someone has already “Pioneer’d” the process. :)

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I apologize I didn’t know there was a minimum yearly post quota. I’m much more active on the FB groups. I have been around a while though, just didn’t have much to contribute.
If no one has a file, in the next few weeks I will find time to draw it up and I will share back with the group, but until then I’d appreciate it if someone has already “Pioneer’d” the process. :)
I’ve not seen any info on 3D printing these, most are either buying RB3 bushings or cutting them from HDPE round stock and drilling them out for the bolt.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
On Thingiverse, search “Honda pioneer”

3054E921 5073 49DC 8129 CF8C4D68DC62

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like someone attached the one I saw on Thingiverse a few years ago. I ended up making some out of 1" Delrin (Acetal) plastic for my 1000 but unlike the above ones they are 1 piece. I could draw it up if you are still interested in an STL file to give it a try. I don't know how long they would last, but the good thing about it is if they don't last long it will give your son another excuse to play with the 3d printer. I picked up a cheap 3d printer a couple of years ago and it really is fun seeing what you can come up with.

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
There are 2 or 3 different STL files on Thingiverse for the bushings. I printed some but the lips broke off and they wore really quickly (I used PLA, ABS would probably be fine).

annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thought I'd throw this out there...... I have been working on getting my printer to print in PETG better (less stringing), and have been using this model as a way to test various settings changes (speeds/temps/layer density)

The end result is that I have a few prints that are 100% solid, and structurally sound, they just don't look pretty and may require a little extra sanding/fitment (I've been using 100 grit and 400 grit).

I'm not looking to charge anyone for these, other than it would be nice for the receiving party to cover shipping.

I don't have a ton of spares just yet, but if people are interested... let me know. I'm printing with 100% fill (no internal air gap).

Did a test install on my SxS and had to do a little sanding of the bushing, and then drill/clean up the pin hole. The whole process was very quick. As of right now, I anticipate having 2 complete sets (4 doors worth x2) of extras.

I'd prefer the takers don't have access to a 3D printer, just so that we can spread the love around.

First 2 to respond in the thread that are interested, will be the first two on the list. If I end up with more sets, I'll post them up here. If you have a 2 door model, please mention that in your post so that someone else might be able to split the set with you.

Please note: I 3D Print as a hobby and not as a business, I'm not looking to make money, and I am not a professional. I have plenty of failed prints during this process that are not viable for ANYTHING. If I wouldn't run it in my SxS, I won't send it to you to run in yours. I didn't design these and only am printing them for my personal use and the personal use of others. I plan on shipping via USPS priority. I also work full time and tinker with my printer in my free time...... (TL;DR: They may not ship out within 48 hours of this posting.... Be patient, please)

edit to add some pictures as an example.

Viable, with work:
0509E94E 24BF 46E1 911E F1D272E98CF4

Trash: (layer shift, don't trust it)
4B96D7BA 8E0A 4C82 B4D1 492951C6D17A

Ideally, how it should come out:
6E54E9A1 3D16 4A17 9E85 9990FBF7749C

Edit 2:
BBB is on the list

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thought I'd throw this out there...... I have been working on getting my printer to print in PETG better (less stringing), and have been using this model as a way to test various settings changes (speeds/temps/layer density)

The end result is that I have a few prints that are 100% solid, and structurally sound, they just don't look pretty and may require a little extra sanding/fitment (I've been using 100 grit and 400 grit).

I'm not looking to charge anyone for these, other than it would be nice for the receiving party to cover shipping.

I don't have a ton of spares just yet, but if people are interested... let me know. I'm printing with 100% fill (no internal air gap).

Did a test install on my SxS and had to do a little sanding of the bushing, and then drill/clean up the pin hole. The whole process was very quick. As of right now, I anticipate having 2 complete sets (4 doors worth x2) of extras.

I'd prefer the takers don't have access to a 3D printer, just so that we can spread the love around.

First 2 to respond in the thread that are interested, will be the first two on the list. If I end up with more sets, I'll post them up here. If you have a 2 door model, please mention that in your post so that someone else might be able to split the set with you.

Please note: I 3D Print as a hobby and not as a business, I'm not looking to make money, and I am not a professional. I have plenty of failed prints during this process that are not viable for ANYTHING. If I wouldn't run it in my SxS, I won't send it to you to run in yours. I didn't design these and only am printing them for my personal use and the personal use of others. I plan on shipping via USPS priority. I also work full time and tinker with my printer in my free time...... (TL;DR: They may not ship out within 48 hours of this posting.... Be patient, please)

edit to add some pictures as an example.

Viable, with work:
View attachment 287149

Trash: (layer shift, don't trust it)
View attachment 287150

Ideally, how it should come out:
View attachment 287151
I will try a set. Just let me know.

advertisement
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size delrin do I need to start with, anyway? I figured 1" would work? I've got a buddy with access to a CNC lathe, so I've been thinking about getting some stock and doing them that way...

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size delrin do I need to start with, anyway? I figured 1" would work? I've got a buddy with access to a CNC lathe, so I've been thinking about getting some stock and doing them that way...
Someone had a thread on them a few years back and was actually giving some away. I took there dimensions to make my own. I just a used a piece of 1" delrin 2.375" long with a 5/16" through hole. It is pretty simple design compared to the above design or RB3's bushing, but they are big improvement over stock. If you shop around for delrin you can actually make all 8 bushings for a 1000-5 for less then $10.

annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried to do the delrin rod thing myself at one point. Spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get the hole perfectly centered without a lathe; got angry at it (no, really, I was angry at the plastic). Tried making jigs.... sigh. Then I found out the 1" delrin I bought had a 1/8 tolerance, so it wasn't exactly a perfect shape.

Maybe I'll use the remainder to make a "nerf" sword for my son one day. What's the worst that could happen.

Flowstateman

Flowstateman

Vendor
Feb 1, 2022
Mountian View, AR
flowstate.us
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Welcome from Michigan!

Thats cool! Get with @Hondasxs and become a vender!
or start your own Thread advertising them.

Do u have a rig?
which one, what year, miles, Pics?
#POIDH

Welcome from Michigan!

Thats cool! Get with @Hondasxs and become a vender!
or start your own Thread advertising them.

Do u have a rig?
which one, what year, miles, Pics?
#POIDH
I;'ve emailed a couple of times and want to become a vendor, but i think my email go to his spam folder. i sent another message this morning,

advertisement