35's on a 2023 1000R

M

mfetzer24

Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Getting ready to put 35's on my 2023 1000R. In order to do so I am planning on S3 lower arms and then going with OEM uppers off of a 2022 or older to get the clearance I need. Would like go with black but when I go to order the OEM uppers there are Type 1, Type 4, and Type 6, which I assume are the different colors. Does anyone know which type number is black?

M

mfetzer24

Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I mean, why not 35's? Rode with a couple guys recently that had 35's and looking for more ground clearance and ability to get up and over things a little better.

Planning to have Adam Brown do his new Low Low and leave high alone for road riding.

Here is a picture from 2 weeks ago when we were down at the Takeover Event.

IMG 1192

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I mean, why not 35's? Rode with a couple guys recently that had 35's and looking for more ground clearance and ability to get up and over things a little better.

Planning to have Adam Brown do his new Low Low and leave high alone for road riding.

Here is a picture from 2 weeks ago when we were down at the Takeover Event.

View attachment 432443
I mean, thanks for the pic. Nice looking rig and trailer.
Seems as tho the 35’s are whats taring things up thats all. See it all the time. Plus all the mods to make it right for the machine. But if your good with al that, to each his own.
I remember seeing your rig at the TO.
Where did u get that custom cage?

M

mfetzer24

Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I am a little nervous about wear and tear on other parts but I have most things upgraded and think it should handle it. If the 35's end up being too much I will just go back to 32's. I really think it will benefit from the lower low with the 32's as it could use a little more power to get it going at times.

The cage came from Wehrli Custom Fab out of DeKalb Illinois. WC Fab

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Why 35’s are you getting portals or a gear reduction?
4 posts and no pics of this rig!
Rule #4 POIDH😉
I am putting 35s on without a gear reduction, will probably end up doing a gear reduction, but first just 35s and a tune. There are number of guys that have run 35s in the Tennessee area for thousands of miles without any gear reduction or turbo to help. Just a touch more momentum to start and they do fine….especially with a tune which @mfetzer24 has on his Talon already. Yes the gear reduction is the way to go but it will be fine.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am putting 35s on without a gear reduction, will probably end up doing a gear reduction, but first just 35s and a tune. There are number of guys that have run 35s in the Tennessee area for thousands of miles without any gear reduction or turbo to help. Just a touch more momentum to start and they do fine….especially with a tune which @mfetzer24 has on his Talon already. Yes the gear reduction is the way to go but it will be fine.
Im sure my Snuff tune would be fine If I ever went that route. Its a ripper with the 31’s I have now. 35’s In many cases without starting a war here lol has issues. Personally for me, being able to comfortably getting it into my TH and my smaller inclosed and in our state, restrictions in some areas.

On a side note, I believe I met your kid/kids and wife at Tackett Thursday at the TO getting up a hill with a bad rock ledge. If Im mistaken, I apologize.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Im sure my Snuff tune would be fine If I ever went that route. Its a ripper with the 31’s I have now. 35’s In many cases without starting a war here lol has issues. Personally for me, being able to comfortably getting it into my TH and my smaller inclosed and in our state, restrictions in some areas.

On a side note, I believe I met your kid/kids and wife at Tackett Thursday at the TO getting up a hill with a bad rock ledge. If Im mistaken, I apologize.
Yes we were there coming down the trail as you all were coming up. I apologize as I thought that was you and wanted to say hi but got distracted helping on sxs coming up!! That was a fun spot!

I will report back on our Talon on 35s with no gear reduction and let you know how it goes. I think my kids will put it to the test!!🤓🤣

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

I will report back on our Talon on 35s with no gear reduction and let you know how it goes. I think my kids will put it to the test!!🤓🤣
Take notes and pitchers when you learn how to replace yer clutches for those of us who haven't been in there yet (and hope to never be :oops: )

advertisement
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Take notes and pitchers when you learn how to replace yer clutches for those of us who haven't been in there yet (and hope to never be :oops: )
The clutch’s will be fine!😉 There are guys in East Tennessee with over 4,000 miles of the same trials we ride on 35s and no issues. The clutch issues have been mainly isolated to mud guys who stand on it and stay on the gas without the tires moving for what I would consider a long time. And that’s where the right tune will play with the clutch settings/pressures to help it out. We have had zero problems crawling the hardest trails in Tennessee with 32s and 33s tires. We have put the Talon pretty much through it all and it keeps saying “is that all you got….give me more”! At least that’s what the Talon voices in head are saying to me!!😂🤣😂

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The clutch’s will be fine!😉 There are guys in East Tennessee with over 4,000 miles of the same trials we ride on 35s and no issues. The clutch issues have been mainly isolated to mud guys who stand on it and stay on the gas without the tires moving for what I would consider a long time. And that’s where the right tune will play with the clutch settings/pressures to help it out. We have had zero problems crawling the hardest trails in Tennessee with 32s and 33s tires. We have put the Talon pretty much through it all and it keeps saying “is that all you got….give me more”! At least that’s what the Talon voices in head are saying to me!!😂🤣😂
Are you putting those 35's on a turbo motor or NA? (first)

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Are you putting those 35's on a turbo motor or NA? (first)
NA first. Then turbo! If it goes well on the first one, I will put the 35s on the other two also. We run 32 inch Zillas on the 35,000 mile talon and it has also been on a lot of the hardest trails in Tennessee and keeps holding up to our abuse! I am about two more issues away from trading the Can-Am in for another Talon.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes we were there coming down the trail as you all were coming up. I apologize as I thought that was you and wanted to say hi but got distracted helping on sxs coming up!! That was a fun spot!

Haha your one kid was very polite in introducing himself👍🏻 im bad with names so I cant remember his.
When @Tramguage1 got in my Talon and started up the hill🤣 your wife was waring the same colors as mine and about the same size. I thought it was her till Tram went zipping by🤣 your wife was very nice and thought that was funny when I called her Rhonda🥳

Why was Tram driving my Talon ya’ll ask?
I was still recovering from my hernia almost out of the woods, and was up the rocky slope and he was down there and hopped in.