P1000m5 30” Zillas

T

TJW

Apr 28, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone! This is my first actual post on the forum but I’ve been browsing for the past few weeks and getting plenty of great suggestions and ideas. I just recently bought a Pioneer 1000-5 LE. Me and a few friends went mudding last weekend and we were all pretty skeptical with how the I-4WD was gonna perform in the mud, but it definitely surprised us all with its capabilities. But I know it’ll do a lot better with bigger tires and a lift, which brings me to a question. I’m about to buy a set of Maxxis Zillas, 2 30x9-14 for the front, and 2 30x11-14 for the rear a long with a set of 4 wheels with a 5+2 offset. A couple of friends recommended the Zillas and I’ve seen a lot of great reviews. I ordered the High Lifter Snorkel Kit and it’s sitting at the house just ready to be installed. I’m also going to put a lift on it, I just haven’t decided how tall, I was thinking a 3” or 4”. So my question is, will I need to get spacers for the front wheels or will a 30” Zilla clear it without? If so, how big? I don’t want the wheels protruding out much more than the current stock setup I know I’ll need to turn the Fox shocks cylinders inwards from what I’ve read due to the tires rubbing the cylinders.

Thanks again, y’all and I look forward to being apart of the community! :)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey everyone! This is my first actual post on the forum but I’ve been browsing for the past few weeks and getting plenty of great suggestions and ideas. I just recently bought a Pioneer 1000-5 LE. Me and a few friends went mudding last weekend and we were all pretty skeptical with how the I-4WD was gonna perform in the mud, but it definitely surprised us all with its capabilities. But I know it’ll do a lot better with bigger tires and a lift, which brings me to a question. I’m about to buy a set of Maxxis Zillas, 2 30x9-14 for the front, and 2 30x11-14 for the rear a long with a set of 4 wheels with a 5+2 offset. A couple of friends recommended the Zillas and I’ve seen a lot of great reviews. I ordered the High Lifter Snorkel Kit and it’s sitting at the house just ready to be installed. I’m also going to put a lift on it, I just haven’t decided how tall, I was thinking a 3” or 4”. So my question is, will I need to get spacers for the front wheels or will a 30” Zilla clear it without? If so, how big? I don’t want the wheels protruding out much more than the current stock setup I know I’ll need to turn the Fox shocks cylinders inwards from what I’ve read due to the tires rubbing the cylinders.

Thanks again, y’all and I look forward to being apart of the community! :)
Probably need forward a arms, but I'm no expert, I'm a plumber, but deal with a lot of mud at work, try to stay away from it! HA!

Reactions: TJW
T

TJW

Apr 28, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The mud calls to me! Is there anyway I can avoid doing the forward a arms? Maybe go with a 29” in the front with the 30” in the rear? I would just put an extra inch lift on the front to level it out. What’s the true size of a Zilla? I’ve seen people say they run short but then others say they run true.

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The mud calls to me! Is there anyway I can avoid doing the forward a arms? Maybe go with a 29” in the front with the 30” in the rear? I would just put an extra inch lift on the front to level it out. What’s the true size of a Zilla? I’ve seen people say they run short but then others say they run true.

I have 29” big horns on my 2016 1000-3. No rubbing. Close, but no rubbing. You’ll want to stay with same diameter front and rear. Especially with the i4wd system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

ATM0816

May 30, 2017
North carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am currently running Outlaw 2 28’s and have a little rub at full turn but that’s it. I have a HL lift on and my HL forward A-arms will be here this weekend and will go up to the 29.5’s after that. Love my Outlaw 2’s and we ride a lot of deep thick mud.

Reactions: Smitty335