3” lift kit on pioneer 1000-5

robdaigle

robdaigle

Dec 3, 2022
Fort Mac
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, first post here! I just picked up my first side by side. I bought a 2016 Pioneer 1000-5. I’m super happy with it! I’ve read that some people may have issue with binding axles when going with a 3” lift. I know I’ll need wheel spacers for the back as I’ll be running factory rims and tires. The lift I’m looking at is the rough country 3” kit. Does anyone know if ride quality will change and if I’ll have problems with binding? Is this worth the wear on axles and differentials?

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, first post here! I just picked up my first side by side. I bought a 2016 Pioneer 1000-5. I’m super happy with it! I’ve read that some people may have issue with binding axles when going with a 3” lift. I know I’ll need wheel spacers for the back as I’ll be running factory rims and tires. The lift I’m looking at is the rough country 3” kit. Does anyone know if ride quality will change and if I’ll have problems with binding? Is this worth the wear on axles and differentials?
Try the search at top of page. A week worth of reading on this. From what I’ve read there are better ways to get lift. Welcome to the club. Lots of info and experience here. Spend some time reading before you spend your money. You better get some pics of your rig posted before the cops get here. These guys won’t help unless they see pics. Good luck.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
first post here! I just picked up my first side by side. I bought a 2016 Pioneer 1000-5.
Welcome from Commie run Michigan.

like stated before, we like pics its Rule #4 comes before 5 and is the same as 3 its called…..
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

The search up top is your friend. Odds are we have already coverd 90% of what your asking first. But we can help u with the in between’s after.
Question, why do u want/need a lift? And that RC is a bracket lift. I dont recommend them, they change the natural Geometry of your suspension, and if u have stock A arms you camber is gonna be all fuced up. Best to do your lift right with some aftermarket arms that adjust camber and nice shocks to add preload to get your lift. Of cores there more threads than u can shake a stick at in the search on this with 1 million opinions.

robdaigle

robdaigle

Dec 3, 2022
Fort Mac
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try the search at top of page. A week worth of reading on this. From what I’ve read there are better ways to get lift. Welcome to the club. Lots of info and experience here. Spend some time reading before you spend your money. You better get some pics of your rig posted before the cops get here. These guys won’t help unless they see pics. Good luck.
I did do a search in google and on the search bar on the forum. I don't see much information. Weird...I seen my question but not much else. I scrolled through about 10 pages deep. hrmmm...There must be someone on here that has a lifted 1000-5 and has direct knowledge of a lift and issues that can arrise. After review it seems the Rough Country 3" is not for the 1000-5. Only the 1000-3. One website (lowriders.ca) says it fits all pioneers. All other sites say it will not. As for a picture not yet. I need to remove the ugly visor and front bumper the previous owner had on it!! its ugly lol

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I bought a 2016 Pioneer 1000-5
Also, 16’s are unique. Must tell is the miles, hrs and if the Honda campaign updates were done, especially the clutch update. To find out if it was? Also in the search. If it hasnt, might be a good idea to start there than a lift or your just putting lipstick on a pig 🤣

robdaigle

robdaigle

Dec 3, 2022
Fort Mac
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also, 16’s are unique. Must tell is the miles, hrs and if the Honda campaign updates were done, especially the clutch update. To find out if it was? Also in the search. If it hasnt, might be a good idea to start there than a lift or your just putting lipstick on a pig 🤣
The only update I read about was the steering knuckle. I'll look into it!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I did do a search in google and on the search bar on the forum. I don't see much information. Weird...I seen my question but not much else. I scrolled through about 10 pages deep. hrmmm...There must be someone on here that has a lifted 1000-5 and has direct knowledge of a lift and issues that can arrise. After review it seems the Rough Country 3" is not for the 1000-5. Only the 1000-3. One website (lowriders.ca) says it fits all pioneers. All other sites say it will not. As for a picture not yet. I need to remove the ugly visor and front bumper the previous owner had on it!! its ugly lol
Did u use the threadloom results? If not, you will only get currant post wont go deep in the forum.
also stay away from lib run Cheetle “google” wont give u poop on this, only on here will u get what u need.

as for the pics, when u bought it ugly or Hot we like the pics and for proof. Also nice to see your transformation from when it started

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome! If your running stock rims, you won't need spacers.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The only update I read about was the steering knuckle. I'll look into it!
There is quite a few of them. Clutch is the big one.
Here is one thread to read

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome! If your running stock rims, you won't need spacers.
If he does that crummy bracket lift he will. It changes so much, the rig looks like it has wheelbarrow wheels on it with the stockers afterwords 🤣
Wish I kept the pic of mine before and after. Hated the ride and end result looks so much I deleted them

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If he does that crummy bracket lift he will. It changes so much, the rig looks like it has wheelbarrow wheels on it with the stockers afterwords 🤣
Wish I kept the pic of mine before and after. Hated the ride and end result looks so much I deleted them
Live and learn!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hay @robdaigle I see your Avitar pic now. Don't look bad.. nice deluxe. what size tires are in the bed?
How much u give for the rig? In a China Joe economy its been interesting to know what guys are paying?
And where is ft. Mac? I see snow in the pic

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hay @robdaigle I see your Avitar pic now. Don't look bad.. nice deluxe. what size tires are in the bed?
How much u give for the rig? In a China Joe economy its been interesting to know what guys are paying?
Northern Alberta.

robdaigle

robdaigle

Dec 3, 2022
Fort Mac
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did u use the threadloom results? If not, you will only get currant post wont go deep in the forum.
also stay away from lib run Cheetle “google” wont give u poop on this, only on here will u get what u need.

as for the pics, when u bought it ugly or Hot we like the pics and for proof. Also nice to see your transformation from when it started
I did the advanced search and yes. Tones of information! Thank you!

robdaigle

robdaigle

Dec 3, 2022
Fort Mac
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I paid $20,475CAD. It has 3200km, I had to pay GST as he was a farmer.. I looked at one other but it was beat up and his bottom was 22k... Everything is expensive. 10k for one with 27,000km! everything else comparable was 25k. There was only a few available in all of Alberta in my price range. This looked in the best shape. A new one out the door is 36-37K here. So far I ordered the framed upper doors, back snap window, front upper window and heater core heater.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I paid $20,475CAD. It has 3200km
I had to covert that to USD 🤣
thats $15k not too bad with the milage. But if it dosent have any of the campaign updates (especially the clutch) and recalls done, thats a bit steep. Too bad u didnt come here first, could have gave u some ammo to get thay price down for ya.

robdaigle

robdaigle

Dec 3, 2022
Fort Mac
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had to covert that to USD 🤣
thats $15k not too bad with the milage. But if it dosent have any of the campaign updates (especially the clutch) and recalls done, thats a bit steep. Too bad u didnt come here first, could have gave u some ammo to get thay price down for ya.
I just asked the guy. He wasn’t sure as he only owned it a year. He’s going to buy a new one. Anyhow he said he bought it off a family friend (who bought it new) he’s gonna call him and get back to me 🤞

advertisement