P1000 28's vs 30's

Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guys I need some help here with deciding what size tires to go with. I really want to go with 30's but keep hearing how bad the machine lugs with 30's. So let's hear it from some of you guys.

Anybody got 28's and wish they had gone bigger?

Anybody got 30's and wish they went smaller?

The machine is mostly used for trail riding and running around town. If I go 30's I plan on eventually doing IGR just don't want to hate driving it until then. I also feel like if someone could get the ECU tuning figured to reduce the torque managment it may not be that bad.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
J

JTW

If you understand that you need forward a arms with the 30’s and are ok with that... go with the 30’s. Or a Beserker 28” on a 12” wheel.

I have 30” berserkers on 14’s and they’re heavy. It’s the weight that matters when it comes to lugging. So if you go with a lighter 30 you’ll still be fine enough

Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you understand that you need forward a arms with the 30’s and are ok with that... go with the 30’s. Or a Beserker 28” on a 12” wheel.

I have 30” berserkers on 14’s and they’re heavy. It’s the weight that matters when it comes to lugging. So if you go with a lighter 30 you’ll still be fine enough

Getting a arm's anyway so that doesn't matter. Also already have 14" beadlocks just debating on tires now. How was your machine with the Talon ECU and turning 30's?

Reactions: BWAF
J

JTW

Getting a arm's anyway so that doesn't matter. How was your machine with the Talon ECU and turning 30's?

I didn’t get to run he ecu long enough to say on performance... a wire came loose and I had to pull the PCV. It most certainly runs a little hotter with the talon ecu. Plumber loves his though.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run 30 on the lightest wheels i could find. ITP Hurricanes. Also chespest at under 80 a wheel.

As long as the Pioneer is my trail vehicle, i will not go less than 30. You do loose some power, but the clearance is worth it.

Only on rare occasions in 4 Lock will it not spin them in low range. A place or 2 in Windrock when it is dry and traction is really good, the buggy is layed over with almost all its weight on one side and both front and rear are in a hole/rock that they both have to climb out of at the same time.

When it is wet in those same spots, it will spin them. When the weight is more evenly distributed, it will spin them.

I do want IGR to slow it down in the real rocky parts.

Reactions: Isaiah and BWAF
Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the input. Ordering 30's.