P1000 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 strange issue

J

jpanicaro

Oct 26, 2020
SWFL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi everyone, new here. Just purchased a 2021 1K5 this past Saturday. Took it out for about 20 miles Saturday and it ran perfect, took it for another 30 or so Sunday and no issues. Got it home and unloaded the machine and cleaned it up, kids wanted to go for a ride around the neighborhood and it went into limp mode. I shut it off and let it sit and got it out of limp mode, however, now it will run and drive perfectly for about 10-15 minutes and then stall out with an "E" displayed in the gear selector read out. Once I start it back up it is fine again for another 10-15 minutes. I understand its brand new and I just need to bring it back to the dealer but the dealer is 2 hours away from me. Wondering if anyone has some quick suggestions of things to check before making the day long trip back to the dealer? I would hate to drive up there and they tell me "Oh this connector was lose" or something like that. Thank you.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hi everyone, new here. Just purchased a 2021 1K5 this past Saturday. Took it out for about 20 miles Saturday and it ran perfect, took it for another 30 or so Sunday and no issues. Got it home and unloaded the machine and cleaned it up, kids wanted to go for a ride around the neighborhood and it went into limp mode. I shut it off and let it sit and got it out of limp mode, however, now it will run and drive perfectly for about 10-15 minutes and then stall out with an "E" displayed in the gear selector read out. Once I start it back up it is fine again for another 10-15 minutes. I understand its brand new and I just need to bring it back to the dealer but the dealer is 2 hours away from me. Wondering if anyone has some quick suggestions of things to check before making the day long trip back to the dealer? I would hate to drive up there and they tell me "Oh this connector was lose" or something like that. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum!
Sorry I can't help with this but I'm sure someone will be along soon enough to guide you on the right path. There's plenty of help and knowledge on this site.
Oh and PICS or it didn't happen!!! 😆

#NTC

H

HondaTech

Check battery cables first, their always loose when they come in off the truck.
If their tight, and I mean tight, no movement. Then it could be a loose ground on the engine, frame or another issue.

By the way, in the event "E" shows on the dash you can make It drivable with the emergency valve on the clutch cover.

J

jpanicaro

Oct 26, 2020
SWFL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check battery cables first, their always loose when they come in off the truck.
If their tight, and I mean tight, no movement. Then it could be a loose ground on the engine, frame or another issue.

By the way, in the event "E" shows on the dash you can make It drivable with the emergency valve on the clutch cover.

I checked the battery cables under the hood and they are tight, no movement. Any idea where all the grounds are? My plan is to try and tear into tonight and see if I can find anything lose or disconnected. If not then back to the dealer I go. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: ChadD and Isaiah
J

jpanicaro

Oct 26, 2020
SWFL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sound to me like something got wet when you cleaned it.

That's kind of what I am thinking as well. However I drove home through pouring rain for an hour and only used a hose when cleaning. What are your suggestions? Unplug all harnesses and ensure nothing is wet and reconnect? Or take to dealer? Or will it just dry out? Thank you.

Reactions: ChadD and Isaiah
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's kind of what I am thinking as well. However I drove home through pouring rain for an hour and only used a hose when cleaning. What are your suggestions? Unplug all harnesses and ensure nothing is wet and reconnect? Or take to dealer? Or will it just dry out? Thank you.
If something got we then it was the fault of the factory and not you.

You could check the connections under the driver seat and between the 2 back seats under all the plastic. Ive never heard of the E error code.

Just to clarify, the machine won't go above 12mph if you don't have your seat belt hooked up.

J

jpanicaro

Oct 26, 2020
SWFL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If something got we then it was the fault of the factory and not you.

You could check the connections under the driver seat and between the 2 back seats under all the plastic. Ive never heard of the E error code.

Just to clarify, the machine won't go above 12mph if you don't have your seat belt hooked up.

Yes, they did tell me about the seatbelt thing. Like I said the machine runs great for about 10-15 minutes and ran wonderfully for about 6 hours over the weekend before this started. The dealer has asked me to record a video of the code after the "E" is displayed and send it to them. Any other input or advice would be great! Thanks!

Reactions: Biteme
R

rickoshea

sounds like it could be the fuel pump maybe ?.mine (2019) got a pump recall.apparently the impeller swells and starves it.

J

jpanicaro

Oct 26, 2020
SWFL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
sounds like it could be the fuel pump maybe ?.mine (2019) got a pump recall.apparently the impeller swells and starves it.

Wow! Good to know, I hope that's not it as the machine is 2 days old!

advertisement
J

jpanicaro

Oct 26, 2020
SWFL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Started it when I got home and I’m getting error codes. How can I upload videos?

J

jpanicaro

Oct 26, 2020
SWFL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Huge shoutout to @HondaTech for the advice on the issue. He reached out and instructed me to check the shifter angle connection under the dump bed and it was indeed just disconnected enough to not make a closed connection, pushed the connector back in and it runs like a champ! Thanks guys!

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Huge shoutout to @HondaTech for the advice on the issue. He reached out and instructed me to check the shifter angle connection under the dump bed and it was indeed just disconnected enough to not make a closed connection, pushed the connector back in and it runs like a champ! Thanks guys!
Buy the man a beer. 😉

advertisement