P1000 2018 p1000-5 deluxe vibration

el-phantasmo

el-phantasmo

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello all. I have right at 100 miles on my 2018. Most of those miles were on gravel or paved roads. The other day I went down a steep trail and decided 4 low was needed. The machine seemed like it would go anywhere but I had to stop and get a limb out of the way. When I put it in park it seemed to vibrate quite a bit. Is this normal for being in a bind in four wheel low on such a steep hill or do you think there's a problem. I absolutely love my p1000 and it has not given me any trouble at all. I'm just wondering if I should take it to the dealer or not. I'd really rather not so I am hoping this is normal. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

You’re going to have to expand in what you mean by vibrate?

If you mean there was a noticeable clunk when shifting from park that’s normal...

If you mean there was a gear chattering sound while it was sitting on the hill in park... that doesn’t sound good. But is an easy fix with a cable adjustment.

I would suggest the hillbilly parking brake for this very type situation. The “park” on the transmission isn’t exactly good for it when you’re in a bind like that. There’s actually only a small pin that’s holding you.

Reactions: Mudwing
el-phantasmo

el-phantasmo

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Gear chatter is exactly what I would call it. Felt sort of like it was between gears. Is the cable adjustment outlined in the owner's manual or do I need a service manual? I will do some research on here to see if I can find it.
Thanks a million!

Reactions: JTW
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know my machine vibrates quite abit at idle and in park. The other day we were hunting and it was vibrating enough that the roof was chattering a little. I haven't had the need to use 4wd this summer so I can't tell if it is any worse there or not. When I increase the rpm's it smooths out.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Gear chatter is exactly what I would call it. Felt sort of like it was between gears. Is the cable adjustment outlined in the owner's manual or do I need a service manual? I will do some research on here to see if I can find it.
Thanks a million!

Was this the whole time it was in park or as you were taking it out of park and into gear?

el-phantasmo

el-phantasmo

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It seemed to be worse in park and reverse. I found the adjustment procedure for the shifter under the battery and the box under the bed. I'll try to get them adjusted when I change the oil.

J

JTW

It seemed to be worse in park and reverse. I found the adjustment procedure for the shifter under the battery and the box under the bed. I'll try to get them adjusted when I change the oil.

And you weren’t moving as you were shifting? This was completely still, no throttle?

keep us posted on what you figure out

Reactions: CumminsPusher
el-phantasmo

el-phantasmo

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No I wasn't moving. Should get my oil and filters Friday, I will adjust the cables then and check back in with the results. I have my fingers crossed. Lol

el-phantasmo

el-phantasmo

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My oil change supplies just arrived via UPS. I did check out the shifter and it definitely needs adjustment. It favors reverse and park.

advertisement
el-phantasmo

el-phantasmo

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just got back from a test drive. All I have to say is wow! Like I said before my shifter was more towards reverse than high. After properly adjusting the shifter cable my p1000 is a completely different animal. It pulls out from a stop very smoothly and best of all no excessive vibration in 4low or any gear for that matter. Thanks a million for the replies! I love my p1000 and this forum!