P1000 2016's are proven or wait for 2017??

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Id like to pick up a P1000 3-seater soon after I sell my '03 Rincon. I feel now is a great time to pick up a 2016 leftover and hopefully get a good clearance price. I normally don't like to buy the first year of a new model. It seems like if you wait a year or two, that the manufacturer works out the bugs and makes improvements. Im just wondering about the 2016 P1000's. Are they proving to be reliable and problem free? I've heard some talk of clutch issues, transmission shudders, and unproperly sealed air intakes?? Not sure how much of a problem any of these things are?

I know that the first year is not always bad. My '03 Rincon has proved that to me. The Rincon's were pretty solid from the beginning as far as I know. Any input on the 2016 P1000 reliability and satisfaction would be great. I've been waiting to own a SxS for a long time now. I just want to make sure that I spend my hard earned money on a quality reliable machine.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your fine with a 16. There's been very few problems . the clutch deal was a bad batch in the beginning . if you ride water a snorkel is so easy to do. I love mine zero issues

Reactions: moparornocar
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Id like to pick up a P1000 3-seater soon after I sell my '03 Rincon. I feel now is a great time to pick up a 2016 leftover and hopefully get a good clearance price. I normally don't like to buy the first year of a new model. It seems like if you wait a year or two, that the manufacturer works out the bugs and makes improvements. Im just wondering about the 2016 P1000's. Are they proving to be reliable and problem free? I've heard some talk of clutch issues, transmission shudders, and unproperly sealed air intakes?? Not sure how much of a problem any of these things are?

I know that the first year is not always bad. My '03 Rincon has proved that to me. The Rincon's were pretty solid from the beginning as far as I know. Any input on the 2016 P1000 reliability and satisfaction would be great. I've been waiting to own a SxS for a long time now. I just want to make sure that I spend my hard earned money on a quality reliable machine.
get the16 save your money and the long wait.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Before you buy a P1000-3, make sure you look at the P1000-5. They should only be $1,000 more but you get the added utility of 2 additional seats and self leveling rear shocks.

Now if you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you will never have anyone else wanting to ride with you, then save the $1k and get the -3. I also thought that until I bought the -5 and only one time that I have gone riding with only 1 other person. The other times someone has wanted to go with us and having those back seats was really useful.

That is also the feature that everyone who has ever looked at it thought was the best part of the machine.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Before you buy a P1000-3, make sure you look at the P1000-5. They should only be $1,000 more but you get the added utility of 2 additional seats and self leveling rear shocks.

Now if you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you will never have anyone else wanting to ride with you, then save the $1k and get the -3. I also thought that until I bought the -5 and only one time that I have gone riding with only 1 other person. The other times someone has wanted to go with us and having those back seats was really useful.

That is also the feature that everyone who has ever looked at it thought was the best part of the machine.
I have made up my mind on the P1000-3 (base model) in olive. The P1000-5 is a very nice rig, but I would never use the extra row of seats, so I will put that extra cost into accesorizing a P1000-3. I'm glad to hear these already addressed the early clutch problems. I've also seen a few owners on hear talk about already having a few thousand trouble free miles on their P1K.

Reactions: sharp
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The base model doesn't have the paddle shifters, but in the year's time I've driven the P1K's back and forth around the dealership (all of them we get are the p/s models), I can't remember one time that I've tried the manual mode.
In my opinion the paddle shifters are almost essential for trail riding. It is really nice to be able to knock it down or up a gear to get the rpms right where you want them. I didn't think I would use them at first but after a couple hundred miles I am really glad I have them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'd buy now and save some. Depending where you're ride I'd definitely consider the snorkel! The clutch in my eyes is a little soft but most won't have a problem there just watch how you ride and it make sure to keep your rpm's up a little.
Like others are saying the paddles are incredible from time to time especially in low range. I've personally running them a lot! Rear shocks in the delux are great to really diverse they give nice ride but anything you need to haul can be done much better! I two prefer the 5 even if I didn't ride with people and think resale will be better but it's a Honda so you probably won't be worried about that for a bit. It's a great rig overall much better all around then anything out there you'll be happy I'm sure.

Reactions: moparornocar
adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
In my opinion the paddle shifters are almost essential for trail riding. It is really nice to be able to knock it down or up a gear to get the rpms right where you want them. I didn't think I would use them at first but after a couple hundred miles I am really glad I have them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
^^^ what he said X2 . I didnt think i would use the paddle shifters either, now, I wouldnt have one without them, or power steering

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'd be happy to see a redirected air intake. I'm really curious to see what it'll come with but don't be too scared of the 16. Once the 17 comes out though I suspect it'll be like all others and be a huge wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dotman1
advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Btw, most comments on here including myself are by guys with well over 1000 trouble free miles. Except CP. He rides his machine harder than I did my prom date.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Btw, most comments on here including myself are by guys with well over 1000 trouble free miles. Except CP. He rides his machine harder than I did my prom date.
I wish my prom date was as sexy and trouble free as the Pioneer.