P1000 2016 pioneer 1000-5 won’t start

J

Jlundin19

Aug 22, 2019
Vulcan MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 pioneer 1000-5 and the other night I had it idling while unloading some stuff, it stalled out and wouldn’t restart. First thing I thought was that it ran out of gas- being it was low on fuel at the time. So I filled the fuel tank and tried again to restart it with no luck. Eventually it fired up and ran very rough and died out again. Long story short I ended up changing the plugs and removing the air cleaner and cleaning the filter and drained the fuel I had in the tank and refilled with new gas. Every once in a while it will fire but won’t start. It is not throwing any codes either

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2016 pioneer 1000-5 and the other night I had it idling while unloading some stuff, it stalled out and wouldn’t restart. First thing I thought was that it ran out of gas- being it was low on fuel at the time. So I filled the fuel tank and tried again to restart it with no luck. Eventually it fired up and ran very rough and died out again. Long story short I ended up changing the plugs and removing the air cleaner and cleaning the filter and drained the fuel I had in the tank and refilled with new gas. Every once in a while it will fire but won’t start. It is not throwing any codes either

Water in fuel line ? Unplug fuel line at engine and turn key on and off to pump water out.

Sound like the same problem I had before breather reroute.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Has the breather been rerouted ? If not, I'd bet that is the issue.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think it is the injector harness. Mine would always restart after it died. It should also flash a code after cranking, I don't think it needs to run to see the fault in the harness.

Reactions: 0860silverado
J

Jlundin19

Aug 22, 2019
Vulcan MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From your description it does sound like the injector plugs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I’m not sure if it is the injector harness, it doesn’t flash the code- any code at that. I unplugged the rear injector harness and turned the key on and it flashed the code so I shut the key back off and plugged the harness in and it went away.

Reactions: 0860silverado
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check your battery. Just had a issue with mine. Would turn over and try to fire but wouldn’t run. Tried to charge the battery but couldn’t get it to charge past 10 volts. New battery and it took right off. These machines don’t like low voltage it seems.

advertisement
J

Jlundin19

Aug 22, 2019
Vulcan MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As of today I have a new battery, new plugs, clean intake filter, fresh oil change and it still won’t start- only thing I haven’t tried is pulling the fuel line off at engine and checking for water. I’m curious to see what mods you all have done to the breather though.

Reactions: clifforeilly
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As of today I have a new battery, new plugs, clean intake filter, fresh oil change and it still won’t start- only thing I haven’t tried is pulling the fuel line off at engine and checking for water. I’m curious to see what mods you all have done to the breather though.

Just getting the breather out of the frame is the important thing. Relocate to clean and dry.

Last edited:
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your breather is still in the original frame location I'll be surprised if water isn't the problem .

Do you have a roof on it ?

RockR

RockR

Hammer Down Trail Hound
Lifetime Member
Apr 15, 2019
SE Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I replaced lines for fuel tank and sub-trans that run into frame under seat with all new hose (important not to leave rusty vacuum lines). I ran them under seat up to locations on each side of air filter box, zip tied to frame, and topped them off with the little oil breathers from auto parts store "hot rod" section. They stay tucked under the plastic cover behind seat and won't have any direct water hit them if you position them right. I plan on rerouting all other vent lines to splice into these two points.

Reactions: clifforeilly