P1000 2016 or 2017 Deluxe

R

RubyKreutz

Mar 27, 2017
PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have been looking at this forum for a while now and have been a longtime Honda fan. I haven't seen any discussion on the 2016 vs. 2017 1000-5 deluxe. Does anyone know exactly what has changed between the 2 models. I found a topic with the clutch update and computer updates. Anything further? Did the seat change on the deluxe to try to keep the heat down? What about the air intake, is this the same design as well?

Thanks,

RubyKreutz

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thicker seat foam and pre-wired for a winch is all that I know of that changed on the 2017 models.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
The intake did change on what I have heard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jshell3

I have a 17, but no 16 experience to compare it to...

But as for the listed differences above, the winch isn't as prewired as much as I originally thought. It's more like 1 ground wire. (Maybe it's a really hard to run wire... I dunno. Haven't added winch yet)

The obvious difference that I can tell is they've added side safety bars for the passengers in the back. So if you're looking at a red one (offered both years), you can tell the year model by a glance towards the back. Of course if you leave the safety nets in, the added bars make things a little awkward with the hooks and tension. (Esp when dumping)
IMG 4435 IMG 4437

I want to drive a 16 so I can see if there's any difference in the shifting sound and program. I had heard there was some reprogramming there.

The AT/MT has "memory" from your last settings... so if you were in Sport mode AT and shift to park/neutral/reverse, then back to "H" - it goes right back into Sport AT.

Colors offerings are different. Mine is blue. 16' has a White and Silver that were the special colors.
(Always Honda Red!)

And lastly, the dealer where I bought, didn't discount the '16 deeply enough for me to justify. It was like $800 difference.
So I have a 17. I like it. I'd do it again for the same $800 if that's the deal today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JTW
R

RubyKreutz

Mar 27, 2017
PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the input. In talking with the various dealers around the area, they all state the 16 is identical to the 17. If I can get the 17 for less than $1k more than the 16, then I am going for it.

I really want the LE, but don't want to dish out $25k!

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

Thanks for the input. In talking with the various dealers around the area, they all state the 16 is identical to the 17. If I can get the 17 for less than $1k more than the 16, then I am going for it.

I really want the LE, but don't want to dish out $25k!
Not identical.. but close enough depending on the cost difference...

Reactions: sharp and Jshell3