P700 2" super atv lift and commander shocks

DBD

DBD

Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone done the commander shocks swap combined with the super atv 2" lift? Already have the lift on with 28×10×12 tires. Planning on picking up a new set of commander shocks this week. As I understand they lift the machine at stock mounting angles, which are modified a bit by the nature of the superatv lift. Are there any concerns I should be aware of or tips to keep from extreme lift, and/or axle issues. Thanks in advance.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone done the commander shocks swap combined with the super atv 2" lift? Already have the lift on with 28×10×12 tires. Planning on picking up a new set of commander shocks this week. As I understand they lift the machine at stock mounting angles, which are modified a bit by the nature of the superatv lift. Are there any concerns I should be aware of or tips to keep from extreme lift, and/or axle issues. Thanks in advance.
I think that RB3 spacers would help to stay planted, plus make the rig more aggressive looking stance!

Last edited:
DBD

DBD

Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think that RB3 spacers would help to stay planted, plus make the rig more aggressive looking stance!
I did look at those, would probably make a set at work, I work in a cnc machine shop. But honestly I think my next step anyway would be 15% portals and 30's or 32's so that would give me a 6-8" wider stance and back to normal power like I had with all stock and 25's

AKChef

AKChef

Oct 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have portals (Not installed) & 814 shocks (installed) forward arch arms from OutKast Fabworx (installed). I was wondering what else I would need to add before I complete the install of the portals? I took it out last weekend and broke both Front axles at the knuckle. This weekend I was going to install the portals and new axles. Do I need to lift the front differential? The axles broke because of the angle so I am assuming the portals will solve that.

DBD

DBD

Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have portals (Not installed) & 814 shocks (installed) forward arch arms from OutKast Fabworx (installed). I was wondering what else I would need to add before I complete the install of the portals? I took it out last weekend and broke both Front axles at the knuckle. This weekend I was going to install the portals and new axles. Do I need to lift the front differential? The axles broke because of the angle so I am assuming the portals will solve that.
Do you

DBD

DBD

Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Portals adjust for lift and gear ratio to compensate for bigger tires with a lift kit. Do you have a lift? Also what were you doing when the axles/universals snapped?

AKChef

AKChef

Oct 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Portals adjust for lift and gear ratio to compensate for bigger tires with a lift kit. Do you have a lift? Also what were you doing when the axles/universals snapped?
I was stuck and put it in 4 diff lock when the axles snapped but I also should have waited to install the portals to have the better angle. Currently the only lift is the 814 shocks and the 29.5" Swamp Lites. I am installing 30" tires on 14" rims with the portals when I get back from hunting. Having to use the Foreman for the next few days.

I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was stuck and put it in 4 diff lock when the axles snapped but I also should have waited to install the portals to have the better angle. Currently the only lift is the 814 shocks and the 29.5" Swamp Lites. I am installing 30" tires on 14" rims with the portals when I get back from hunting. Having to use the Foreman for the next few days.
How are the portals working out?