14” wheels dont always clear! Careful!!

T

TalonR180

May 19, 2019
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon R
With 14” wheels The upper A arm will rub the wheel when the suspension is compressed. I only realized after I took the front wheels off. They rub on both fronts and cut a groove in the wheel. I got new wheels and ground down the end of the arm. Easy fix. I ride primarily on the Oregon dunes. So lots of whoops and jumps and I use all the travel.
0155128C EFC3 4525 93B0 AEA29F30D97E
785EC07D 8E5C 45B0 889D 7D2BE2A66C61
785EC07D 8E5C 45B0 889D 7D2BE2A66C61

Reactions: BWAF and Isaiah
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yup, this is a know possibility on the R. Here is some more info and possible solution...

Reactions: TimG and Isaiah
T

TalonR180

May 19, 2019
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon R
hey thats a good post, i wish i had that info early last year. These machines are tough!
I bought the wheels through my local dealer and WheelPros took responsibility for it and gave me new wheels.
My Talon is #180 and I got it last year ahead of the official release date. At the time I couldnt find a single person running paddles so I was running blind on which wheels and tires to run. I called dealers all over the west coast and internet giants and they all said, "we're not sure, tell us what you do and how it works out"
Aftermarket A arms may or may not be a good option, but it's an easy fix if you have a grinder and keep the stock set up.
With paddles I never have a problem climbing sand in 2 or 4 wheel drive.
I use low range unless i'm on the beach trying to get top speed up.

Reactions: TimG and Isaiah
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
hey thats a good post, i wish i had that info early last year. These machines are tough!
I bought the wheels through my local dealer and WheelPros took responsibility for it and gave me new wheels.
My Talon is #180 and I got it last year ahead of the official release date. At the time I couldnt find a single person running paddles so I was running blind on which wheels and tires to run. I called dealers all over the west coast and internet giants and they all said, "we're not sure, tell us what you do and how it works out"
Aftermarket A arms may or may not be a good option, but it's an easy fix if you have a grinder and keep the stock set up.
With paddles I never have a problem climbing sand in 2 or 4 wheel drive.
I use low range unless i'm on the beach trying to get top speed up.
Pretty sure aftermarket A-Arms will give plenty of clearance. At least the Super ATV ones will, they don't have that weird casting on the end...

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
that will help of that issue, but not the rock getting lodged in there and cutting groove. Better off getting 6/1 offset wheel and 1" spacer to get clearance on 14"

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
do you think that cast knob is supposed to be a mud scrapper for inside of the wheel?