1000X Flashing Codes

J

Jmekeel

Apr 26, 2020
New York
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have 2 issues on my Talon. The PGM-FI code is flashing and the Transmission Gear indicator is flashing and I cannot switch to manual or sport modes on the trans. I tried the DCT delete or reprogram and that didn’t work. Any other ideas out there that I can try or is the dealer my only option? It appears the code I’m getting is 44, four slow flashes and four fast flashes for both errors.

H

HondaTech

Code 44 isn't valid for the CEL, must be misinterpreting the flashes.

Code 44 on the transmission side is for and Engine Oil Temp sensor. I've never seen an issue with them so you may want to verify that code is also correct.

I'd first check the battery terminals and see if they are tight.

Have any electrical accessories been added?

Reactions: Smitty335
J

Jmekeel

Apr 26, 2020
New York
Ownership

1. Talon X
Only a radio, the battery terminals are tight. I will recheck the flashes on both.
Thanks

J

Jmekeel

Apr 26, 2020
New York
Ownership

1. Talon X
Code 44 isn't valid for the CEL, must be misinterpreting the flashes.

Code 44 on the transmission side is for and Engine Oil Temp sensor. I've never seen an issue with them so you may want to verify that code is also correct.

I'd first check the battery terminals and see if they are tight.

Have any electrical accessories been added?
Honda Tech,

I just rechecked the flashes. The PGM-FI flashes 4 slow and 4 fast, the P gear selector flashes the same, 4 slow and 4 fast, the clutch temp indicator just flashes fast continuously.

H

HondaTech

Thats weird, there are no codes on a Talon that start with 4 at all. You are referring to the check engine light thats flashing correct?

J

Jmekeel

Apr 26, 2020
New York
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thats weird, there are no codes on a Talon that start with 4 at all. You are referring to the check engine light thats flashing correct?
Yes the symbol looks like an engine, the owner‘s manual calls It the PGM-FI (MIL). The machine runs perfect, shifts fine, but the transmission switch does not work, I cannot select manual or sport modes.

J

Jmekeel

Apr 26, 2020
New York
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yes the symbol looks like an engine, the owner‘s manual calls It the PGM-FI (MIL). The machine runs perfect, shifts fine, but the transmission switch does not work, I cannot select manual or sport modes.
Honda Tech,

I purchased the service manual today to do a little research myself. It turns out that the EOT Sensor Plug unplugged from the sensor. It was never secured from the factory and it was just about off the plug.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Where can I find that EOT sensor plug? What is its location?
Back of engine...

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Make sure you also check the ground wire under the driver seat.

Reactions: CID
advertisement