1000-5 full roof size

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Can anyone give me the dimensions of the full hard roof for the 1000-5. I need the length and width. Going to pick up buggy next week and am installing accessories myself and need to know if roof will fit in back of my pickup topper. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't have any measurmen's but it will be in a box so just put it in even if it doesn't lay flat and use your tie downs so it can't blow off.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can anyone give me the dimensions of the full hard roof for the 1000-5. I need the length and width. Going to pick up buggy next week and am installing accessories myself and need to know if roof will fit in back of my pickup topper. Thanks!

I second Gullyjumper. There is a possibility you can con the dealer into install because of this. I talked them into it on my 700

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I second Gullyjumper. There is a possibility you can con the dealer into install because of this. I talked them into it on my 700

That was my next option. If it is longer than 6'6" I will have them put it on or leave the tailgate down and run a strap around it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That was my next option. If it is longer than 6'6" I will have them put it on or leave the tailgate down and run a strap around it.

It sucks because I think they charge a couple hours or something and it's pretty simple, but ask it never hurts

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
It sucks because I think they charge a couple hours or something and it's pretty simple, but ask it never hurts

I hate paying good money for installing something so simple. If I could get a length I think the width would be ok. I have an extra high topper.

J

Jshell3

I hate paying good money for installing something so simple. If I could get a length I think the width would be ok. I have an extra high topper.

It's not super simple.

Not nearly as simple as the P500 tops, which come w the hardware pre-mounted.

The 1000's hardware comes in a bag. And with NO instructions. (Hint, use the resources Hondasxs makes available HERE).

But taking my time, I still spent an hour on it. And word to the wise, don't tighten ANYTHING down until you got it exactly how you want it.

https://hondasxs.com/resources/hard-roof-5p-0sr85-hl4-101-instructions.137/download?version=165

Last edited by a moderator:
advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just unboxed and strapped to the side of pioneer put some cardboard in between it and the Pioneer and drove 3 hours home.

J

Jakajew

Jan 3, 2017
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Would not fit in back of my truck. Used 3 ratchet straps to attach the roof only without hardware to the top of the roll cage. Drove 4 hours home at mostly 70 mph no problem. Stopped to check a couple times no problem. Didn't want to pay dealer install rates.

J

Jshell3

Would not fit in back of my truck. Used 3 ratchet straps to attach the roof only without hardware to the top of the roll cage. Drove 4 hours home at mostly 70 mph no problem. Stopped to check a couple times no problem. Didn't want to pay dealer install rates.
Hahaha
Sticking it to the man!

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota

What is your truck box size? Wouldn't it fit if I took the topper off and let the roof sit at an angle up on one of the trucks box sides? Put straps over it of course so it don't blow out. lol

J

Jakajew

Jan 3, 2017
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is your truck box size? Wouldn't it fit if I took the topper off and let the roof sit at an angle up on one of the trucks box sides? Put straps over it of course so it don't blow out. lol

Full size GMC short bed extended cab. 6 1/2 foot long bed. Roof wont sit flat in bed especially with other items in there. With roof strapped to top of roll cage front middle and rear its secure.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Full size GMC short bed extended cab. 6 1/2 foot long bed. Roof wont sit flat in bed especially with other items in there. With roof strapped to top of roll cage front middle and rear its secure.

Yep, same as mine. Might have to bring extra ratchet straps and do what you did!